Ryder Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

What does everyone think about our chances? Also about the picks from Monty?

I would've picked Casey over Donald but otherwise I was happy with the two other picks.

Harrington is a stellar competitor, lots of grit, determination & a short game to die for.

Edoardo Molinari's victory on Sunday was simply magnificent & I think it made Monty's decision - had he not won, I think he would've missed out.

Donald - not the biggest hitter on the team by a long stretch, but he keeps it straight, rarely misses a fairway & is the best scrambling European.

I would've picked Casey over Molinari any day, our best players are punished for playing on (the much better) PGA tour rather than whoring themselves around Europe to pick up Ryder Cup points.

Nothing against Molinari but the standard of opposition he beat to win at Gleneagles were not exactly world class, a career built predominately on the Challenge Tour and never really turning up for a major despite being pro for 6-ish years hardly bodes well for a decent Ryder Cup.

I would've picked Casey over Molinari any day, our best players are punished for playing on (the much better) PGA tour rather than whoring themselves around Europe to pick up Ryder Cup points.

Nothing against Molinari but the standard of opposition he beat to win at Gleneagles were not exactly world class, a career built predominately on the Challenge Tour and never really turning up for a major despite being pro for 6-ish years hardly bodes well for a decent Ryder Cup.

True, but Edoardo is arguably in the form of his life & I think if his brother was not in the side, he wouldn't be either & would have had no chance of a pick.

I do feel sorry for Casey though, Harrington could've been the one to miss out as he is horribly off form, with exception of the Irish Open he's been absolutely nowhere recently.

Monty couldn't leave Molinari out, especially after Sunday's finish. With him now in, and certain to play alongside his brother, I think that's a very strong pairing.

Donald was a shoe in, for me, and I would have probably plumped for Rose over Harrington and Casey, purely because he has stepped up and is winning tournaments in the US.

I was listening to Chris Evans this morning who was discussing this and he said he had received a text from one of his pro golf buddies that said that with Casey not in the team that the team spirit would be better.

Oh and I was also pleased to hear that they've invited Sergio to attend as the 4th vice-captain.

We will definately win, this is the best team we've ever had in my opinion.

Monty couldn't leave Molinari out, especially after Sunday's finish. With him now in, and certain to play alongside his brother, I think that's a very strong pairing.

Donald was a shoe in, for me, and I would have probably plumped for Rose over Harrington and Casey, purely because he has stepped up and is winning tournaments in the US.

I was listening to Chris Evans this morning who was discussing this and he said he had received a text from one of his pro golf buddies that said that with Casey not in the team that the team spirit would be better.

Oh and I was also pleased to hear that they've invited Sergio to attend as the 4th vice-captain.

We will definately win, this is the best team we've ever had in my opinion.

I agree with pretty much all of that Singth. I may however have picked Rose over Donald as he's got a very good record with Poulter.

The only other thing I'd add is that Monty said before The Open that Harrington would definitely be in the team so, barring injury, he was always likely to pick him.

Casey annoyed me the other week after the USPGA when he was asked whether he'd change his schedule to try and qualify automatically, his answer seemed (IMO) very arrogant and he cleary preferred dollar chasing in America to trying to get on the team on his own merit. Donald and Rose chose the same path but didn't come across as self-interested. I've also heard it said before that Casey would be bad for team morale so it's presumably fairly well accepted.

I'm going on the Friday, anyone else going at all?

I agree with pretty much all of that Singth. I may however have picked Rose over Donald as he's got a very good record with Poulter.

The only other thing I'd add is that Monty said before The Open that Harrington would definitely be in the team so, barring injury, he was always likely to pick him.

Casey annoyed me the other week after the USPGA when he was asked whether he'd change his schedule to try and qualify automatically, his answer seemed (IMO) very arrogant and he cleary preferred dollar chasing in America to trying to get on the team on his own merit. Donald and Rose chose the same path but didn't come across as self-interested. I've also heard it said before that Casey would be bad for team morale so it's presumably fairly well accepted.

I'm going on the Friday, anyone else going at all?

Casey has never really struck me as too full of himself, but I've heard of so many cases of this since he was not selected as a pick. It makes me wonder whether he is a bit of a DJ? :icon_bigg

Rose has won over in the US, but I feel Donald is a more established golfer, better short game & that's where you'll win matches.

Casey has never really struck me as too full of himself, but I've heard of so many cases of this since he was not selected as a pick. It makes me wonder whether he is a bit of a DJ? :icon_bigg

Rose has won over in the US, but I feel Donald is a more established golfer, better short game & that's where you'll win matches.

Maybe, but as I said, Rose has a decent record with Poulter, that's the main reason I thought he might go with him, plus Donald isn't the longest hitter and that could be a factor, I'm not that bothered between the two of them though, they both have their good points so I could agree with the case for either

woods picked as wild card yesterday, lovely stuff, he's shite in the RC and he'll get loads of grief for 'wronging' a European!

Yeah - Woods, Fowler, Zach Johnson & Stewart Cink.

Very impressed with Pavin's picks almost more convinced about these than our Europeans although that may be down to the fact that I feel the 'Tiger Factor' still lives on and scares the living daylights out of any golfer outside the top 5 in the world.

The Fowler pick I think is brilliant too - he is a good solid young player, almost like an American version of McIlroy just with flamboyant dress sense.

not a bad start, but ffs, Wales in October. what were they expecting?

restarting at 5

not a bad start, but ffs, Wales in October. what were they expecting?

Hey, someone pointed out to me yesterday that the last two have had thunderstorms and gales as well....so not just Wales! Although I did work in Newport for ten months and I'm fairly certain it rained every day.

5-5 ast about the half way point. Some excellent golf this morning should be a cracker of a finish tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566