Sad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad biker

Sorry to say that Keith Weller has passed away, there will be black arm bands and a minutes silence today :cry:

A true Leicester City legend. RIP Keith Weller. Thanks for the memories.

We all know he had been struggling for a while with his health but even when it happens it hurts.
All those that had the good fortune to see him play know what a talent he had, and how lucky we were that he pulled on the blue of Leicester City.
RIP Keith. Have a kickabout with Emlyn, don't let "Ol big Ead " Have his way!
You are all missed by the whole of the football community.

Never saw Mr Weller play but my dad and grandad made me realise what a great player he was. That and the video clips i've seen (the goal against luton sticking in my mind). A true leicester legend.

never seen keith play but from what i have heard he was a true LCFC legend. R.I.P Keith.

So much ability and flair.

We have had very few players with that amount of class.

He wasn't a Leicester type player - more of the London big flash club style - and he lit up almost every match he played in - even after he was obviously long term knee injusry impaired.

Redditch Fox said:
So much ability and flair.

We have had very few players with that amount of class.

He wasn't a Leicester type player - more of the London big flash club style - and he lit up almost every match he played in - even after he was obviously long term knee injusry impaired.

Doesn't it make you feel mortal all of a sudden. He brightened so many grey days - a mischievous sort of Dell Boy in Boots. Heaven should be staging some cracking matches these days and Keith'll only make em better. RIP and thanks for some super memories.

never had the privilage to see that guy play, but a legend thru and thru... never gave up, fought right til the end, a true Leicester spirit...

what a disgrace from the Sunderland fans during the minute silence...

Terribly sad news, only ever saw video's of Keith Weller play, what a talent, says it all that every newspaper carries a report of his sad death, lets hope the club makes a fitting tribute to a true City legend.

RIP Keith Weller :cry:

Rest in peace Keith...you never quit despite being told you only had 6 months...you will be remembered fondly. Wherever you are, may the sun shine brightly on your face, and the wind be always at your back.
:cry:

Very sad news indeed, I was fortunate enough to see him play on many occassions, he was probably my favourite ever Leicester player. I'll never forget seeing him score an excellent individual goal whilst playing in white tights that time against Norwich in the FA Cup and who could forget that fantastic goal against Luton.

A great talent and truly a Leicester City legend. Rest in peace Keith, you will be sadly missed. :cry:

I never got the chance to see him play live, but from the clips and stories he really was a true great and would have blessed any football team in the land and thankfully he blessed ours.

R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670