sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie_d123

dunno if anyones put this anywhere but hes resigned as northen ireland manager and is staying at fulham on an idefinate rolling contract.

dunno if anyones put this anywhere but hes resigned as northen ireland manager and is staying at fulham on an idefinate rolling contract.

If you ask me completely the wrong decision from him. He's looked out of his depth at Fulham until Saturday and made Norn Iron great again. He should have done Euro 2008 Qualifying and then gone back to league football.

I understand Jim Magilton is favourite to take the job part-time with the Ipswich managerial role.

If you ask me completely the wrong decision from him. He's looked out of his depth at Fulham until Saturday and made Norn Iron great again. He should have done Euro 2008 Qualifying and then gone back to league football.

I understand Jim Magilton is favourite to take the job part-time with the Ipswich managerial role.

i agree with that. i think he had a great chance of qualifying for euro2008 where as he might struggle next season with fulham

Sanchez realised he had done all he could with N.Ireland and there was no way he was going to win the group. Much the same as Walter Smith and Scotland.

Sanchez realised he had done all he could with N.Ireland and there was no way he was going to win the group. Much the same as Walter Smith and Scotland.

Too right

"Hey, Laurie - do you want to go on doing a crappy part time job for peanuts with a nonentity of a footballing nation that will never ever get anywhere, or would you rather come and spend your time managing a professional football team in the one of the highest, if not the highest, profile leagues in the world, and we'll throw in a a shit-load of cash to boot"

Wonder how long he took to think that one through

Too right

"Hey, Laurie - do you want to go on doing a crappy part time job for peanuts with a nonentity of a footballing nation that will never ever get anywhere, or would you rather come and spend your time managing a professional football team in the one of the highest, if not the highest, profile leagues in the world, and we'll throw in a a shit-load of cash to boot"

ye but with N.ireland he would always be seen as a hero by the end of next season he could struggle with fulham and drop back down the leagues as a manager. i suppose it comes down to ambition with the fulham job being the more ambitious imo. Cant blame the guy for it i suppose.

Too right

Or look at another way...stay at Northern Ireland with a ''win-win'' situation or come to a struggling club whose prospects currently look bleak.

I'd have stay at NI and waited for another avenue to open up.

Or look at another way...stay at Northern Ireland with a ''win-win'' situation or come to a struggling club whose prospects currently look bleak.

kinda stepping on my point

Al Fayed's money might change your mind, I suspect

Al Fayed's money might change your mind, I suspect

Agreed in terms of wages but I think in terms of transfer budgets ever since 'Steve 7 Million Marlet', he's been timid.

If I was Sanchez, I'd take a long hard look at the Fulham playing squad and consider the work what needs to be done. I fear it could me too much.

Similar to Curbishley and Davies last season, they looked at the Charlton Squad last May and decided it wasnt good enough, they either jumped ship or went against having the job.

Anyways, we will see.

Can't see Sheepshank letting that happen. Ipswich are really looking for investors at the mo with a view to push for promotion next season, don't think he'd let JM take his eye off the game for a minute.

It was a nailed on cert the minute dirty sanchez got them safe.

Fulham were lucky weren't they? They got a lucky win against Liverpool who played an understrength side. I think they'll struggle next season as I dont believe Sanchez is up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566