Sav looks like he's off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Robbie looks like hes ready to do the dirty and swap Brum for Blackburn for "personal reasons". Robbie claims, in what has to be one of the laimiest excuses ever that wrexham is closer to Blackburn that to Birmingham :?

The Blues board don't seem to happy about it either, this was the offocal statement from teh club:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING ROBBIE SAVAGE

Birmingham City Football Club is surprised and disappointed by the submission of a written transfer request from midfielder Robbie Savage.

The request comes less than three months after Robbie signed a new four year contract on improved terms.

The Club fully sympathises with Robbie's documented personal problems and understands the strain of driving up and down the motorway to visit relatives in North Wales.

The Club has therefore offered to provide a car and driver to chauffeur Robbie to and from his home town of Wrexham, at the Club's own expense.

However, Birmingham City Football Club feels that it is being backed into a corner and will not under any circumstances be bullied into making decisions which are detrimental to either the team or the Club as a whole.

The Club hopes that Robbie will maintain his professional attitude on the pitch and that he continues to perform with the same determination and vigour that he has shown over the past two-and-a-half years at St. Andrew's.

Blues' Managing Director Karren Brady added: "We are all surprised and disappointed by the news of Robbie's transfer request, especially as it seems like he wants to swap Birmingham City for Blackburn Rovers, which I cannot understand.

"If Robbie has come to that decision because of the distance between Blackburn and Wrexham he should take a closer look at his map, as it works out at about the same distance as it is from Birmingham, if not a little further.

"I have this morning received a marginally improved offer from Blackburn's Managing Director John Williams, but it remains totally unaceptable to us, therefore the player will NOT be moving to Blackburn."

I don't think I could ever have Sav back in a city shirt. He took 1.5million off us because of a loss in wages when he joined Blues and two months later agreed an improved contract. I think the thing about him is he was the first to leave when we went down, and really above all else I think that hurt most.

Apparently Brum phoned the AA to check how much closer Blackburn was to Wrexham than Brum. Seems its 3 miles further away!!

Come on Sav admit your a greedy bastard.

savage is being a prize A arsehole over the whole thing, hes a good player but as a person is completely full of sh** - i remember him saying after he'd been at brum a season or so that he wanted to finish his career there and 2 years later he wants out - he's doing a great job of destroying his reputation, built his whole game round giving his all for a club but is now illustrating hes just a greedy fair weather committment kind of player

He aint going to go to Blackburn and risk getting religated and it aint any nearer to wrexham than birmingham which is about 90 miles.

We all know Robbie is a glory hunter, and Everton to Wrexham 40 miles,

It Everton he want to move to

He worked his balls of for us and I will always wish him the best.
If only we had one player with that commitment we would be twice the team we are now.

Im glad hes being shown what he is. People said he worked hard for us. Yes he did whilst Lennon and Izzet were runnin the show.

He said that after our 5-0 loss to Bolton on the start of the season, he knew we were going down.

100% my arse

Savage was great for us, chased everything, remember once against villa in the worthington cup semi, we cleared it in to a far corner of the pitch and he was the only one who went after it. he plays with commitment, he was back here he would be a cult hero again, he plays against us everyone hates him. thats just the kind of player he is. He should always be a cult hero here.

and maybe he still would be if he learned to think before he opened his gob!!
it isn't nice hearing him slate the club and the fans.
maybe he was donig it to prove to th Brum lot how much he loved them(ahem) but there was no need for him to dismiss the support he got from us when everyone in the country hated his guts.

you won't hear Muz coming out with that load of rubbish!

OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING ROBBIE SAVAGE

Birmingham City Football Club is surprised and disappointed by the submission of a written transfer request from midfielder Robbie Savage.

this can't be right, a written transfer request from Robbie?
are you allowed to do these things in crayon?

Did we negotiate a percentage of the selling on fee with Brum . If so some money may be coming our way :!:

bluefox said:
Did we negotiate a percentage of the selling on fee with Brum . If so some money may be coming our way :!:
I doubt it as this really only happens with younger players, but you never know!

bluefox said:

Usually any sell on would be based on getting a percentage of the profit made, and it doesn't look like Brum will make much (if any) profit.

Funny that Birmingham and Bruce feel they are being held to ransom over this transfer. How did they get him on the cheap in the first place? Oh that's right, we were going into administration and Sav engineered the move, can't blame him or Brum for that but now the boot is on the other foot. :lol:

Savage was always a greedy bastard, he seemed ti think he deserved a new contract every season.

100% my arse, he couldnt be arsed last season under Taylor.

He was making somsort of an effort to save Wrexham football club, but did anyone see him helping Leicester in our time of need? Without us and MON he would proberly of gone back to sheep farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669