Speculation Schlupp to Wigan on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

We are hearing that
Wigan are lining up a move to take Leicester City attacker Jeffrey Schlupp on loan for the rest of the season as Uwe Roslerlooks to reshape his squad at the DW Stadium.

From the skysports transfer news feed. Would be a good move for him.

Last edited:
From the skysports transfer news feed. Would be a good move for him.
They will know each other from Brentford, where Schlupp spent some time on loan when Rosler was manager there.

Not sure there is a good reason to do this, unless there is another signing coming in.

Possible we will keep Waghorn instead I suppose.

Not sure there is a good reason to do this, unless there is another signing coming in.

You´re right. We have reached that stage of the season where injuries start to occur & if, let´s say, Wood´s injury recurs and (god forbid) Nuge gets crocked, then we haven´t got much cover up front!
I thought it was a brave decision to send Danns back to Bolton.......hopefully there was som extra financial (pre-sale) incentive involved.:present:

Keeper-wise, it looks like being Conrad v Butland.:100::

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I thought it was a brave decision to send Danns back to Bolton.

Why - we currently have 4 very capable central midfielders for 2 positions. It would have been stupid not to send him back.

Keeper-wise, it looks like being Conrad v Butland.:100::

What? Why would we want Butland? Or any other keeper for that matter? Why would Butland come here to sit on the bench?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why - we currently have 4 very capable central midfielders for 2 positions. It would have been stupid not to send him back.

What? Why would we want Butland? Or any other keeper for that matter? Why would Butland come here to sit on the bench?

Errrrm?.......Butland plays for Stoke:031:

NP moans about having a small squad why should he release a valuable squad member (can cover 3 positions) doesnt make sense unless he has adequate cover lined up to come in

NP moans about having a small squad why should he release a valuable squad member (can cover 3 positions) doesnt make sense unless he has adequate cover lined up to come in
Exactly......underlining my use of the adjective "brave," being an interpretation of the fact that NP believes that we have adequate cover in midfield:icon_wink

Wigan will make the play offs IMO. I don't think we should be loaning them anyone.

Wigan will make the play offs IMO. I don't think we should be loaning them anyone.

Completely agree. Wigan could easily put a big winning run together and be tough play off opponents.

The reality is that Schlupp desperately needs regular football and he just isn't getting it with us. Somewhere like Charlton, with a clause that we can recall him, would be ideal.

With Rosler for sure, rate him quite highly as a manager.

Completely agree. Wigan could easily put a big winning run together and be tough play off opponents.

The reality is that Schlupp desperately needs regular football and he just isn't getting it with us. Somewhere like Charlton, with a clause that we can recall him, would be ideal.

Schlupp on his day can be a very good player. We've seen glimpses of that in the past. I'm all for players getting game time, but I don't think this is a wise move for us.

Schlupp on his day can be a very good player. We've seen glimpses of that in the past. I'm all for players getting game time, but I don't think this is a wise move for us.

Agreed, it would be completely bonkers.

This is in effect one of our strikers and our back-up left back so I can't see this happening.

It's all well and good getting young players experience but at the end of the day this club finishing at least second place is far bigger than any one player.

dpj I have NEVER heard NP moan about having a small squad of players just the opposite he's happy with what he has.

dpj I have NEVER heard NP moan about having a small squad of players just the opposite he's happy with what he has.

I haven't heard him moan about the size of our squad either.

In fact I am fairly confident that the tightness of our squad is a contributory factor in our current success. NP has to be very careful with who he moves in and out during this period.

To be fair though NP has managed the personnel within our 'extended ' large squad exceptionally well.

If Schlupp were to go out on loan I believe this would only be to balance out an incoming striker.

Last edited:
We weren't too bothered about our backup left back when we let him play with the utd youth team for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566