School Bus Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

A school bus has crashed into the bridge between Waterloo Way & Lancaster Street (Road?). The bus was carrying around 40 children (thought to be Primary School age).

Hope they're ok.

Avoid the area if you can.

Last edited:
Is that your Borat impression harbs?

Poor kids, stupid bus driver !

That's more than a little bit harsh isn't it?

Personally, I'm glad that nobody was killed and my sympathy goes out to the passengers, the driver and anybody else that might be affected.

Not really, anyone who drives a double decker bus should be intelligent enough to know that you have to pay attention to things like the height limits for bridges. This one obviously didn't.

The thick fog may have clouded his judgement

He was heading up Waterloo way, before turning right up Lancaster Street. The turn there is pretty tight for a big bus so he can't have been going very quickly at all. The fog was pretty thick this morning, but there is only about 10 metres between the junction and the bridge. Not sure how he didn't spot it.

Regardless of who was at fault i can't imagine what would have been going through the driver's head when he realised what had happened.

Regardless of who was at fault i can't imagine what would have been going through the driver's head when he realised what had happened.

Thankfully, it wasn't part of the bridge

I assume being from Notts, the driver only had a basic knowledge of the road because for getting to New Walk Museum, he'd took the wrong turn but still heaven knows why he went for it....when approaching the bridge.

The bus driver was from Notts, and was 24 years old.... quite young for a bus driver?? A couple of the reports I have read seem to suggest the fog was that thick, he just didn't see the bridge.

I work within 50 metres of the bridge and went passed at 8.45 and although it was misty it was easy to see a good distance. Once I heard about the incident at about 11.15, I could easily see the area from the office window.

From the junction to the bridge is about a distance of 15 metres. I find it difficult to belive that the fog was that thick that the driver couldn't see a bridge with a height sign and that is painted from that distance.

Just thankful that the kids were all physically ok (except for bleeding etc). Although many may more mental injuries.

Does this thread qualify for for the 'most amount of OTT responses' award?

No child died, there were no major injuries and a bloke made a mistake, calm the **** down.

Does this thread qualify for for the 'most amount of OTT responses' award?

I wouldn't have thought so. In fact it's hard to find an OTT response. Have you read them properly? How many do you feel are OTT?

I wouldn't have thought so. In fact it's hard to find an OTT response. Have you read them properly? How many do you feel are OTT?

The ones suggesting he is not as good a bus driver as others because he is from Nottingham?

but............ nothing has been mentioned about if they enjoyed the museum.

The ones suggesting he is not as good a bus driver as others because he is from Nottingham?

I didn't say as good as bus driver, I suggested that being from Nottingham, he probably didn't know the roads of Leicester that well. New Walk Museum for coaches, you use Regent Road, so why he was going under that bridge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669