Scowcroft next to jump ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rotherhamfox said:
I may slag him as much as anyone, but i fink we should keep him for next year, ok it may not be the future for city but to get promoted first time we could do with him, cos he was pretty good last time round in div 1.

Yeh, he did score a lot of goals in division1 1, 2 seasons back, i think he scored 15 goals. MA is in a tight spot, if he extends scowy's contract then he will be crap in the premier if we get promoted, but if he doesn't extend the contract he will go for a free. He is right now one of the best players on the team.

weluvulesta said:
rotherhamfox said:
I may slag him as much as anyone, but i fink we should keep him for next year, ok it may not be the future for city but to get promoted first time we could do with him, cos he was pretty good last time round in div 1.

Yeh, he did score a lot of goals in division1 1, 2 seasons back, i think he scored 15 goals. MA is in a tight spot, if he extends scowy's contract then he will be crap in the premier if we get promoted, but if he doesn't extend the contract he will go for a free. He is right now one of the best players on the team.

Tough decisons to be made, orginally i completely had faith in Micky and would have fully expected him to make the right choice, but last season has made me see him slightly differently, so who knows whats gonna happen.

weluvulesta said:
rotherhamfox said:

11 goals.

Micky is in no position to extend his contract anyway.

Scowcroft said:
FNQ said:
Yes he is.

No he isn't, idiot.

scowcroft would want 25 k a week, we couldnt offer dat 2 da god muzzy, so why would we scowy.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of the players out of contract next season?

I wouldnt let Scowcroft go just yet with the team we have got.

buzzer_b said:
I wouldnt let Scowcroft go just yet with the team we have got.

you do have a point, but we do save like 2 million, that can be used to buy new players.

Think he should take the money if on offer.

Would give £500k to find a new player + we could fund 3 players wages at Div 1 level rather than one

gagandeep said:
[Anyway, does anyone have a list of the players out of contract next season?

Its easier to list those that are contected for 2005/6 who currently are:

Canero
Morris
Wright
Heath
Tiatto
Williams
Stewart

Well if Micky can flog Scowcroft off for about £500,000 and found a replacement then I wouldnt mind him leaving.

buzzer_b said:
Well if Micky can flog Scowcroft off for about £500,000 and found a replacement then I wouldnt mind him leaving.

Yeah, finding a replacement is harder than you think..... :(

Its going to be hard to find a replacement for Scowcroft as he's a 'Good' first team player :wink:

i doubt Scowy will leave, as he'll have to accept a big drop in wages

a bit like how we can't rid of elliot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363