Sean St Ledger from Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to add to everything ive said tonight, i bet we don`t get Mills either, i thought this was a St Ledger thread anyway, He is your replacement for Hobbs!

Last edited:
Sean St Ledger featured in a show called Big Ron Manager about dive years ago. Ron Atkinson went to Peterborough to help an inexperienced manager Steve Bleasedale. As was to be expected Bleasedale felt he was being undermined and resigned as manager while the Peterborough team were in the dressing room before a game.

The thing that most interested me was that Bleasedale was going to play St Ledger out of position but chairman Barry Fry overruled him. There were Premiership scouts coming to look at St Ledger and Fry wanted him to shine in order to get money for him.

St Ledger came over as a bit of a troublemaker. However, this may have been down to clever editing as TV loves conflict and to him being very young at the time.

Trappatonni and Sven both rate St Ledger highly. That is an impressive "double whammy" for the young man to live up to.

Sean St Ledger featured in a show called Big Ron Manager about dive years ago. Ron Atkinson went to Peterborough to help an inexperienced manager Steve Bleasedale. As was to be expected Bleasedale felt he was being undermined and resigned as manager while the Peterborough team were in the dressing room before a game.

The thing that most interested me was that Bleasedale was going to play St Ledger out of position but chairman Barry Fry overruled him. There were Premiership scouts coming to look at St Ledger and Fry wanted him to shine in order to get money for him.

St Ledger came over as a bit of a troublemaker. However, this may have been down to clever editing as TV loves conflict and to him being very young at the time.

Trappatonni and Sven both rate St Ledger highly. That is an impressive "double whammy" for the young man to live up to.

:038:

Last edited:
I'd love to know how much people who question fees think players are worth in their experienced opinion

If you want something or a player so bad you`ll pay it no matter what! I reckon i`m worth about 50p and you might be just about worth a quid

How much did mcauley cost when we were sent down? Stearman? Hume?

He has bags more pedigree than any of those duffers and they went for 6 figure fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669