Sean St Ledger

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked good a few years ago but then seemed to lose his way. Unsure

Yes my thoughts exactly. Didn't he get a decent move on loan with a view to a permanant deal, but the deal never went through?

There could be potential, but I don't think he's any better than Hobbs, who Sven doesn't appear to rate.

SSL has lost his way a bit... but he is a footballing defender, comfortable with the ball - and Sven likes those.

Might be 2 + 2 = 5... but this is the sort of defender I might expect Sven to take a look at.

Preston will lose all 3 of their assets, Jones has gone (he is a very good player) and I expect Treacy and SSL to go too.

Paul gallaghers wife tweeting that Paul is happy he may be coming, might be more substance to this

Local rag in Preston says St Ledger's on holiday but the deal is pretty much agreed.

Where does it say the deal is pretty much agreed?

It says "The Foxes have been in contact with North End about the centre-half, and are ready to offer £1.2m.

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is believed to have spoken with Republic of Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni about St Ledger, and the Leicester manager got favourable feedback from the Italian.

At the moment St Ledger is away on holiday which would hold up a deal being completed in the coming days."

So that looks like we've not made a formal offer yet and haven't spoken to the player.

I've just done a 'Gwilliam' (searched some PNE forums!) and all seems to be positive with regards to ability. Whilst I can appreciate peoples doubt, the guy must being doing something right in order to be a regular for the ROI. In Sven we trust....erm....?

Rumours of a medical tomorrow on the internet.

Speaking to a PNE fan at work last week, I was told that in the past St Ledger has been a bad influence in dressing rooms. I forgot that he played in the Premier with Middleborough but Strachan apparently didn't want anything to do with him after a while. Apparently, a very good player but temperamental. I wonder if Sven could get the best out of him? - if we do sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669