searching forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

webbo,

it just took me ages to find a thread because the seach engine doesn't seem to be working properly

I used advanced search to find the "nork city pics" thread.

i typed in nork city and asked it to look in titles only. it came up with nothing. i tried different ways - using one word, changed to entire post etc but still didn't find it.

am i doing something wrong or is it broken?

like i said i found the thread but thought i'd let you know

I had the same problem the other day Webbo. I tried the advance search on titles only for "What The F**K Do They Look Like"

I used the words What, Do, They, Look and Like, it still didn't find anything

I'm about to change the way the search works, to how it used to be.
I changed it to a version that uses fewer server resources a couple of weeks when I was trying to make the site run faster.

The process of reindexing everything might make the site run slowly for a few minutes.

Same result.

What do they look like (advanced search, titles only)

It found nothing

Last edited:
Okey Dokey.

Nathan, them Norks City photos are hidden for a reason, leave it that way

Still doesn't work for your search MF.

But I think that's because all the words in the search are 'common' words, which aren't indexed because they're not the kind of words people search for, and they just bloat the index and slow everything down.

If you search for the text in the first post of the thread - 'Image on the OS' it finds it no problem.

OK, I can live with it, it wasn't really a major problem for me as you always find any threads we can't find anyway.

Tar very muchly

Melton Fox said:
OK, I can live with it, it wasn't really a major problem for me as you always find any threads we can't find anyway.

I don't have any special tools for searching, just the same as everyone else.

I found that thread by going to your profile, and clicking on the link to find all threads you'd started, then started looking at them with the oldest ones first. Took about half a minute to find it that way.

Jeff said:
I don't have any special tools for searching, just the same as everyone else.

I found that thread by going to your profile, and clicking on the link to find all threads you'd started, then started looking at them with the oldest ones first. Took about half a minute to find it that way.
:icon_redf

cheers jeff it seems to be working now. i've only just got back online since i informed you.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570