Second chance Saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people 18 months ago would have said get rid of Kisnorbo, he's the worst player we've ever had etc...
But a change of manager and position, and he's become one of our best players.

It may be that one or two of the players on the transfer list could go through a similar transformation. No point writing them off until we see what the new manager can get out of them.

How many people 18 months ago would have said get rid of Kisnorbo, he's the worst player we've ever had etc...
But a change of manager and position, and he's become one of our best players.

It may be that one or two of the players on the transfer list could go through a similar transformation. No point writing them off until we see what the new manager can get out of them.

i will admit i was one of them and your right :038:

I would take the point that some of them may be acceptable as back up but not Maybury he is just shite.

On yesterday's showing at Oadby I would certainly put Hughes and Maybury in front of Newt's firing squad!

On yesterday's showing at Oadby I would certainly put Hughes and Maybury in front of Newt's firing squad!

the_firing_sq_big_C0_3_7_c1912.jpg

im ready :icon_bigg

Lets just hope it ain't Elvis, Deep Freeze and Fatty Matty doing the shooting or the pair will get away scott free :icon_bigg

i agree with some of what you have just said ,i just feel MDV could give more with the right manager kicking his ass ,he's lost around 3-4 stone too and when i spoke to him last he has got his mind set to get back in the team and show all the "boo boys "what he can do ,IMO this is his last chance and if he dont do it then its his own fault and carnt blame anyone
the rest of them still want shooting :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Levein was MDVs manager during the best spell of his career.

For the record, i thought DeVries was harshly treated here. He wasn't great but at the time he was our best striker with an awful team behind him. If he does stay he will probably be 5th choice to start so will only get a game if he deserves it, so i won't mind too much.

De Vries, Maybury, Hughes & Elvis are all costing us two or three good players if we can't shift them. Or the price of another single big signing. They need to be shifted. I think they will be though. If they are not gone in a couple of weeks then MM will probably sanction a free transfer for Hughes & paying a bigger subsidy to another team to pay for the wages of the other 3.

I just feel MDV could give more with the right manager kicking his ass ,he's lost around 3-4 stone too and when i spoke to him last he has got his mind set to get back in the team and show all the "boo boys "what he can do

Do you know of any reason that you can tell us why he was sidelined?
Did he fall out with any of the staff or players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00