Seeing Out Time Added On

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOZHOGAN

Why oh why did Nigel Pearson not make full use of his substitutes during the added time period at the end of the game against Scunthorpe????:018:

We had not made any substitutions during the 90mins so surely the best way to have seen out the added time would have been to have made 3 seperate changes during this time.

Doing this would have given us a better chance of winding the game down and taking all 3 points!!!

________:038::038::038::038::038:________

Why oh why did Nigel Pearson not make full use of his substitutes during the added time period at the end of the game against Scunthorpe????:018:

We had not made any substitutions during the 90mins so surely the best way to have seen out the added time would have been to have made 3 seperate changes during this time.

Doing this would have given us a better chance of winding the game down and taking all 3 points!!!

________:038::038::038::038::038:________

Have you not heard the announcer say that there will be a minimum of x minutes of added time? Minimum means exactly that - if any further time is lost, the ref adds further time. There is no advantage in bringing on subs or otherwise wasting time during time-added-on.

Didnt realise we had made any subs,,, but we still had 1 sub left and surely its wise to make a substitution during added time when away from home and 1-0 up...
This tactic upsets the momentum of the home team, breaks up play and usually wastes a few more seconds!!!

Why, oh why, oh why, does anybody start a thread as if they've just written a letter into 'Points of view'?

Have you not heard the announcer say that there will be a minimum of x minutes of added time? Minimum means exactly that - if any further time is lost, the ref adds further time. There is no advantage in bringing on subs or otherw*s* wasting time during time-added-on.

I dont agree,,, the point is it stops the monentum of the other team and ive seen many a team do this and the ref does not always add the same time back on...(even though he should).

I dont agree,,, the point is it stops the monentum of the other team and ive seen many a team do this and the ref does not always add the same time back on...(even though he should).

And what happens if NP considers that it is his own team that has the monentum [sic]?

It would be interesting to know how much time should be added on in a game. Referees rarely add on more than five minutes. Yet there have been games with injuries and one side timewasting when I am sure an accurate added time would be nearer ten mnutes. Sadly I think time wasting does pay.

I would highly doubt a manager of Pearson's discipline would train the players to waste time rather than defend properly.

Sloppy defending pays more.

At least we wont have this problem today.

What a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670