Selling a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get rid of my MG ZR and I dont need to use it as a trade in for another set of wheels.

I've never had to sell a car before (i've either traded them in or written them off!). Anyone know the best way to shift it?

Local rag/Autotrader plus adverts in the windows.

Last edited:
I want to get rid of my MG ZR and I dont need to use it as a trade in for another set of wheels.

I've never had to sell a car before (i've either traded them in or written them off!). Anyone know the best way to shift it?

We buy any car will usually make you an offer, I know someone who was very happy with their service (and the price they got) but when I tried selling my Saab to them they called 30 minutes before I was supposed to deliver it to them at an agreed price to say they might not be able to give me the price they'd offered, at this point I decide they could do one and traded it at a dealers.

Send me a set of keys - Pay me 10% of whatever you get for the insurance and I promise not to blackmail you.

eBay. Don't waste your time with the mercury or auto trader.

Webuyanycar are a disgrace

I agree, having dealt with them once but I do know people who have had good service and prices from them

Owners club/forum though most require a smallish fee to join.

Sold mine on Auto Trader in under a week.

Webuyanycarp's offer was less than half what I would take as an ono. Gonna take up the AT's 3 weeks for £40 offer to see how i get on

I've always thought there was something fishy about that company

They offered me £8300 for a car I eventually sold for over £13,000. Enough said.

My sister had an old car she was trying to sell and rang them. They offered her £95 for a car she eventually sold for £1100.

My understanding is they don't actually buy your car, they call round dealers in your area to get a price and then just take their cut. Hence the low prices and changes in price following their instant valuation.

wewillbuyyourcar.com has the same general business model as webuyanycar.com but seems to be less offensive. You'll still be better off selling privately, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566