Set Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

As always we look like conceding from them. When i saw the size of McAuley at Macclesfield It immediately crossed my mind that RK had bought him to solve this problem area.
Well if he has hed better get him in the team because weve conceded 2 already. The 2 Paddys have consistently lacked in this area. The omission of McAuley and COG from the bench last night baffles me! If were going to continue hitting long balls then COG is our best option to hold up the ball.

Last edited:
Without wishing to harp on about the old days, we have been poor at set pieces since Elliott, Walsh and Taggart left. :confused:

dpjfox said:
As always we look like conceding from them. When i saw the size of McAuley at Macclesfield It immediately crossed my mind that RK had bought him to solve this problem area.
Well if he has hed better get him in the team because weve conceded 2 already. The 2 Paddys have consistently lacked in this area. The omission of McAuley and COG from the bench last night baffles me! If were going to continue hitting long balls then COG is our best option to hold up the ball.
It's not the size of the defender that makes him good at defending set pieces, it's all about concentration and experience, all of our players seem lacking in the first and many are lacking in the second, I don't think McAuley will help much in this respect.

It comes to something when even a 7 year old says "oh not, not a corner. We don't stand a chance when they get corners".

Set pieces should be one of the easiest things to practice. Both defending and the taking of, because to be fair, we don't look dangerous there either!!

Steven said:
Without wishing to harp on about the old days, we have been poor at set pieces since Elliott, Walsh and Taggart left. :confused:

Scowie was good. Wasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670