Setanta on the brink???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazzer..... present Biff an infraction for that gag.

Arse! I've got Setanta Broadband and rely on it for a lot of my footy. Hopefully something will happen to the overseas internet rights, so I can still watch a few games on t'internet without having to watch games at 7am on justinTV. As luck would have it, my subscription runs out next month so at least I got my money's worth.

Arse! I've got Setanta Broadband and rely on it for a lot of my footy. Hopefully something will happen to the overseas internet rights, so I can still watch a few games on t'internet without having to watch games at 7am on justinTV. As luck would have it, my subscription runs out next month so at least I got my money's worth.

I am sure I read somewhere that ESPN will take the Premier League games if required.

I hope the games don't go to Sky, they just rip people off, £35.50 a month for their sports channels is far too much.

If there was a decent alternative it might make people think twice about getting Sky, and force them to reduce their prices - or at least allow people to get the sports channels without having to pay for all the other crap too.

I hope the games don't go to Sky, they just rip people off, £35.50 a month for their sports channels is far too much.

I'm not sure that they can just go to Sky. I think they are only allowed so many under the new regulations.

I read somewhere that the only way Sky could get them is if Setanta act as a wholesaler and Sky buy games off them.

Last edited:

If there was a decent alternative it might make people think twice about getting Sky, and force them to reduce their prices - or at least allow people to get the sports channels without having to pay for all the other crap too.

When i was living in England i was paying some stupid like that for the sports channels, now here i pay around 15 euros a month i have 7 sport channels and i get to view all the 3pm games on saturdays in the comfort of my own home, as well as the early kick offs and the late kick-offs, lets hope Leicester make it soon to the Premiership

Also i just read that Setanta have a deadline of friday to find a buyer otherwise it will auctioned off on monday, i think!

Last edited:
apparently endemol (who have big brother and i think WWTBAM) are planning on putting an offer for 49% stake in setanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669