MDV

Henderson
Stearman
Kisnorbo
Hammill
Hammond

Too much of after you Claude. :rolleyes:

DurhamFox said:
Not saying we don't but doesn't necessarily mean he will start on Saturday. Maybe he will but I wouldn't be suprised to see Elvis given a chance to shine first.

And to be honest with you, neither would I.

Simply on the basis that CL may feel obliged to play Hammond to try to justify throwing money at Fulham. Whereas, he could justify not playing Hume from the start on the basis of giving him an opportunity to look at how we play.

I hope I am wrong - but you could be right -if you see what I mean. If Hammond makes good, I will be delighted, but frankly how many times do you see a 24 year old non-scoring striker suddenly come good?

Redditch Fox said:
And to be honest with you, neither would I.

Simply on the basis that CL may feel obliged to play Hammond to try to justify throwing money at Fulham. Whereas, he could justify not playing Hume from the start on the basis of giving him an opportunity to look at how we play.

I hope I am wrong - but you could be right -if you see what I mean. If Hammond makes good, I will be delighted, but frankly how many times do you see a 24 year old non-scoring striker suddenly come good?

Paul Dickov didn't really "come good" until he was 30!

Hammond has only played a handful of games in his career, most as a sub. I think if he can settle here, maybe get a bit of a run in the side, then he could start scoring. But you never know... he may never score a goal in his career.

Graz said:
Paul Dickov didn't really "come good" until he was 30!

Hammond has only played a handful of games in his career, most as a sub. I think if he can settle here, maybe get a bit of a run in the side, then he could start scoring. But you never know... he may never score a goal in his career.

Dickov had a mixed career before he came to Leicester - he was seen as very promising in his early days as a kid with Arsenal - got loaned out & moved on but was still good enough to be picked by Scotland as a goal poacher and had loads of first team games before he was Hammond's age -did ok with Man City e.g. play-off final hero & then fell out of favour with Keegan who was trying to go upmarket, flourished with us and has now gone back to mediocrity.

Not a parallel in my opinion.

However - let's up Hammond does well here - still don't understand why any money was spent on him tho'.

Douglas
Maybury
Johansson
McCarthy
Gilbert
Sylla
Hughes
Williams
Hammill
Hume
Hammond

s
Tiatto
Dublin
Jo Brand
Henderson
Dodds

- That would be my choice, let's get wingers in and play with width, Tiatto has to be sacrificed for me...

Absolutly agree, Tiatto gives away too many fouls and doesn't add enough now that the whole team has improved it's workrate. Is Hughes going to be fit though? I have been really impressed by Joey's start to the season, I'd assumed we'd seen the last of him, but if there's no Hughes I would start with him.

Absolutly agree, Tiatto gives away too many fouls and doesn't add enough now that the whole team has improved it's workrate. Is Hughes going to be fit though? I have been really impressed by Joey's start to the season, I'd assumed we'd seen the last of him, but if there's no Hughes I would start with him.

Hughes is fit but paddy mac may be a doubt. Dont think he is going to make the ireland game according to the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669