Adults: £21
Under 16's & Over 60's: £12

Monday 24th Sept: Priority 1 STH
Tuesday 25th Sept: Priority 2 STH
Wednesday 26th Sept: Priority 3 STH
Thursday 27th Sept: Members
Friday 28th Sept: General Sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel coaches will depart at 11.30am.

Adult STH: £12
Concession STH: £10
Adult non STH: £13
Concession non STH: £11

Directions & Parking

Approx 75 miles - 1 hour 30 mins

M1 > Junction 36 > A61 into Sheffield, after about 8 miles the ground will be on your right.

Street parking available if you arrive early enough. Alternitavely, you could park at Meadowhall and get the tram. You will need the yellow line to Leppings Lane (The closest station to the ground)

Trains

Direct trains from Leicester at 39mins past the hour. Coming back they are less regular.

If travelling alone, do not buy a saver return for £19.20. You will be cheaper to buy 2 seperate CDR between Leic and Derby and Derby and Sheffield. Total - £15.80

It is possible to save money if you can travel in a group of 3 or 4. GroupSave tickets are available on the day. 3 or 4 travel for the price of 2.

There are no restrictions with GroupSave other than you have to travel together.

You would need to buy 3/4 CDR Leic > Derby and 3/4 CDR Derby > Sheff. There is no need to get off the train in Derby as it calls there on the way to Sheffield.

3 can travel on a GroupSave ticket for £10.53 each RETURN
4 can travel on a GroupSave ticket for £7.90 each RETURN

Please see here for details on the tram to get to the ground. Please take note that the Hillsborough stop is a good 10-15 minute walk to the ground.

Pubs

Other than drinking within the city centre, there are a couple of pubs which have been tried and tested over the last couple of seasons.

The Fat Cat is one, and I can't remember the name of the one we went to last season. Im sure RS will be able to provide such information ....

Last seasons away thread is here

Please remember this thread is for members to ask questions or to discuss ticket arrangements, travel questions and general important information with regards to the game. If you wish to annouce that you are going to the game or want to let the forum know exactly where you are sitting etc, then please use the following thread Here

Last edited:
After buying my ticket yesterday, I noticed 'Post In View' on the ticket. I am hoping this is common practice - because Hillsborough is getting old now and I am not stuck behind a steel post.

Its good it will be a big game featured on the Championship in the morning so i am hoping i can get on camera if i sit low down.

After buying my ticket yesterday, I noticed 'Post In View' on the ticket. I am hoping this is common practice - because Hillsborough is getting old now and I am not stuck behind a steel post.

hillsborough is an awful run down ground which should have been replaced decades ago, maybe it would have been if it wasn't so big. you are almost certain to have your view obscured by 1 or 2 posts, nothing major though

There will be plenty of empty seats so if you'll be able to move to one with a better view. But at the moment it's probably an advantage if you can't see the pitch.

All the seats past row M have a post in view i think form memory there are two post so if your quite central you don't need to worry.

Also on the where to drink i would avoid the Bankers draft seemed to be a lot of OCS in there last time. Me and my mates will be in the globe just up from the station

hillsborough is an awful run down ground which should have been replaced decades ago, maybe it would have been if it wasn't so big. you are almost certain to have your view obscured by 1 or 2 posts, nothing major though

I have been 3 times previous with a 33% success rate - I just wanted to know if my tickets were a bullshitted up 'restricted view'.

Nottingham Fox said:
Pubs

Other than drinking within the city centre, there are a couple of pubs which have been tried and tested over the last couple of seasons.

The Fat Cat is one, and I can't remember the name of the one we went to last season. Im sure RS will be able to provide such information ....

The pub we used last year and will be using this year is The Cask and Cutler www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/30/3080/Cask_and_Cutler/Sheffield
If going by public transport it's best to get the supertram to Shalesmoor - the pub is 30 metres on from the stop on the left hand side. You can then rejoin the supertram after drinkies to get to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pub we used last year and will be using this year is The Cask and Cutler www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/30/3080/Cask_and_Cutler/Sheffield
If going by public transport it's best to get the supertram to Shalesmoor - the pub is 30 metres on from the stop on the left hand side. You can then rejoin the supertram after drinkies to get to the ground.

Perhaps worth pointitng out that the Cask and Cutler is a flea pit and over run with cats, dogs, rats etc :icon_bigg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember walking in their last season. There was a guy at the bar who looked like he hadn't moved for 3 seasons. He stunk of piss, he had flies landing on him it was dreadful. The Fat Cat is the place to be !!!

I remember walking in their last season. There was a guy at the bar who looked like he hadn't moved for 3 seasons. He stunk of piss, he had flies landing on him it was dreadful.

I'll shower this time.;) Seriously 'tho, I tend to find The Fat Cat gets a bit to crowded.

any idea how many tickets we've sold? can't wait for this means i don't have to get up early to get the bloody train!

any idea how many tickets we've sold? can't wait for this means i don't have to get up early to get the bloody train!

Approx 1200 tickets sold so far.

Tickets are available on the day of the game, and adult tickets will go up by £1 to £22. Concession tickets will remain at £12.00

The Mockery are warning of temporary traffic lights. :icon_conf

CITY FANS' DELAY ALERT

10:30 - 04 October 2007

Football fans are being warned about potential traffic jams on the way to this weekend's clash between Leicester City and Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

Police said the A61 between the M1 junction 36 and Sheffield has temporary traffic lights which could lead to "significant delays".

Drivers are advised to find alternative routes and allow extra time for their journey.

Last edited:
The Mockery are warning of temporary traffic lights. :icon_conf

I drove through Sheffield a couple of weeks ago and there seems to be roadworks all over the place, it's as bad as Leicester.

Probably be quicker to park on the outskirts and get the tram. There's a tram park and ride place on the way into the city, or you could park at Meadowhall and get the tram from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566