Sheffield United

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might have a psychological effect on the players. I hope they've not been reading this thread. If we don't win it's indierich06's fault.

If they're sat on their arses reading this thread we WILL bloody lose!!
:icon_bigg

Positive or negative?

In most walks of life it would depend on the individual. Some people will think it's pointless even turning up, while others will be determined to end the run. Some will think stats like that are totally meaningless.

But footballers are different.

Every single footballer in the world is superstitious. they have to put their kit on in the same order each match. They have to bounce a ball exactly 12 times while waiting to come onto the pitch. They have to wear their lucky cock ring.

But even if they do all those things they might still not win if they're playing against a bogey team. The only way to stop a bad run like this from continuing is to make sure the players don't know about it.

It's been mentioned before that this is a must win game. If we don't win tonight the season is over. indierich06 could have cost us promotion.

I may be able to stop this from happening if I eat a lucky pie before kick off.

Apparently we've not won there since 1995 - which obviously bodes really well for us

I am expecting us to win 2-1.

I don't think it will be easy though, playing against a Blades team that is led by one of our former managers and contains 4 ex-players. They were unlucky to lose to high-flying Norwich recently and have made some signings in the window.

Although losing this is not the end of the world (we could go and win at QPR and Cardiff) I think it is critical that we maintain momentum by at least gaining a draw and keeping our unbeaten league record in 2011.

I will be very disappointed if we don't win though!

Playing fives in Aberdeen tonight, so will be keeping my fingers crossed until I can get back in the car and check the score on my phone!

Apparently we've not won there since 1995 - which obviously bodes really well for us

Yeah I was there that day. Mark Magee was in charge. 3-1 I think and not having a ticket in the City end I sat in the main stand with the Blades fans and moved 2nd half into their Family section next to the City fans. And managed to celebrate 3rd goal as went and sat behind City disabled fans.

It might have a psychological effect on the players. I hope they've not been reading this thread. If we don't win it's indierich06's fault.

I'll be blaming an ancient witch's curse.

I'll be blaming an ancient witch's curse.

I can't believe that the club's official astrologer has been so silent. How can we expect the players to perform well without proper guidance?

Every game's a 'must win' game for me - always has been, and always will be

.......in our mountain cabin, snuggled under a small fury rug, blonde originally, but over time the busy feet have muddied it a light fleshy brown. The fire, raging in the hearth and the little people playing with their wooden toys.. We will know more then. We will know, more, then.

.......in our mountain cabin, snuggled under a small fury rug, blonde originally, but over time the busy feet have muddied it a light fleshy brown. The fire, raging in the hearth and the little people playing with their wooden toys.. We will know more then. We will know, more, then.

I'll bring a wooden toy....

It will be interesting to see how Van Aanholt fits in and whether Sven goes with Gallagher or Dyer. I'd pick Gallagher.

Sheff Utd have only scored 15 in 13 games at home. We've only scored 15 in 14 away. More than likely that the first goal will be crucial.

We have the better players, the better confidence level, the momentum, and the aspirational target.

Really hoping that we sweep them aside as it would set us up lovely.

It will be interesting to see how Van Aanholt fits in and whether Sven goes with Gallagher or Dyer. I'd pick Gallagher.

Sheff Utd have only scored 15 in 13 games at home. We've only scored 15 in 14 away. More than likely that the first goal will be crucial.

We have the better players, the better confidence level, the momentum, and the aspirational target.

Really hoping that we sweep them aside as it would set us up lovely.

I reckon he'll start with Dyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670