Post Match Sheffield Wednesday 1 Leicester 1

We didn't look like we fancied it from the warm up onwards.

Nobody comes out of that with any credit. Dewsbury-Hall tried when he came on but he was surrounded by lazy shite.

Mavididi is often dreadful but he excelled himself this evening. Vardy wasn't interested at all. Faes on the left was a miserable failure.

And yet we still should have won comfortably. The opponent was so weak and lacking in confidence it was quite embarrassing to see.

Where was the genius manager tonight then? He didn't seem to do anything positive or influential. Every decision ignored what was required and seemed predetermined.

And the atmosphere in the away end was every bit as poor as the KP. There were plenty of angry fans.

Shortly after I arrived, an old fella took ill, threw up in front of me and had to be helped away by paramedics. He had a better night than me.

We looked pretty comfortable to me, albeit unable to make the game safe. Then a few mistakes in the late stages gave them some added impetus and we paid for it. I'm thinking specifically of **** ups from Ricardo and Hamza... Casadei was also largely ineffectual again.
Even if that were true it'd still be shite. Against that worthless pile of wank we should be a hell of a lot more than " comfortable "

We had nearly 70% of the ball & created almost nothing. We also conceded a late equaliser to a team who had scored a grand total of 8 goals all season before tonight. They're the worst team in the division by a street & have absolutely no chance of staying up. Anything short of a convincing win against that is utter dogshit.

Worst performance of the season & not by a small margin either.

Awful game, terrible performance. We were so sloppy it’s untrue. I said in the pre-match thread that we are a shadow of our best without Ndidi and once again it showed tonight. He must start. Casadei is not, never has been and never will be an actual, real footballer. He’s garbage. Can we all now stop this complete bollocks about ‘resting players’? We really don’t have the squad for it. Ndidi and KDH have to play every minute they possibly can.

Vardy and Winks were astonishingly poor from the first minute onwards and Faes, who has had a lot of excellent games for us this season, looked completely lost half the time.

It was our worst performance of the season against an atrocious team who we should have swept aside. Even if we are twice as good against West Brom as we were tonight they’ll still batter us.

Nothing to take from that game, only KDH comes out with any sort of credit for at least trying to change things.

It’s going to happen. Let’s be positive. Another point towards the end goal of promotion.

Some moany old ****s tonight get tonight to revel in the negative, enjoy that.
It's not reveling in the negative (well, not for most of us). It's just saying it as it was. It was a very poor performance and that has been a trend lately. We're in a fantastic position but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge the downward trend in performances of late.

It's not reveling in the negative (well, not for most of us). It's just saying it as it was. It was a very poor performance and that has been a trend lately. We're in a fantastic position but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge the downward trend in performances of late.
They’ve all coincided with Ndidi not being on the pitch from the start. How any ****er can think that Casadei and Yunus would suddenly become football players is beyond me. They have been utterly hopeless from the minute they joined us.

Like I say, we must stop this complete ****ing nonsense of trying to ‘rest players’ when the replacements we have for them are hopelessly inadequate.

They’ve all coincided with Ndidi not being on the pitch from the start. How any ****er can think that Casadei and Yunus would suddenly become football players is beyond me. They have been utterly hopeless from the minute they joined us.

Like I say, we must stop this complete ****ing nonsense of trying to ‘rest players’ when the replacements we have for them are hopelessly inadequate.
Take a point and have a fresh N’Didi for the baggies.

I disagree about Yunus. But I do think he’s a winger and definitely not a central midfielder. But I agree with your general point.

I had a bigger problem with playing Faes at left-back. He’s been great at centre-half, there was no need to play him out of position. I get that you have to rest Ricardo and Justin from time-to-time but surely Choudhury would have been a better option. Not a left-back either but he’s done okay there this sesson.

Hopefully if Doyle isn’t gonna be back early in 2024 we’re looking at a left-sided defender to bring in.

I don’t know what Cannon had to do to get some minutes. Vardy can’t start on Saturday after 90 mins tonight. Nobody but BN, and possibly Enzo, thinks Ihenacho should start. Daka won’t be involved. Surely it’s time to start Cannon.

I am completely done with Casadei. He is a nothing footballer. A complete fabrication. Someone so startling thick and slow that Barry Bannan made him look a twat on several occasions. He needs to be sent back in January and replaced with literally anyone. He’s had enough chances now.
I was joking in another thread about him being this seasons Soumare, well, it's no joke now, he was again, woeful.

I left the Leeds game saying that defeat was actually a really good thing for us as we'd knuckle down and realise we are infallible.
I don't think that's what you meant to say.

No excuses tonight, Maresca absolutely needs has learn from this. Tonight showed a frankly absurd level of inflexibility on his part.
Enzo played his part, the ball went out of play - he picked it up and gave it to a City player (Justin?) and pointed to where he wanted it thrown in - backwards - of course.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563