Pre Match Sheffield Wednesday v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Same team same effort same result as today 0-3 Vardy 2 Nugent, i think Fryatts back at Dull so no threat from him , we are still above the 2point/gametarget needed for automatic promotion, no slip ups boys please

Dave Jones fighting for his life. Leicester flying. This will be tough. 2-1 win. Wasyl and Drinkwater with the goals.

From the Observer's Said and Done today:

Plus one to watch: Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric on criticism of manager Dave Jones: "I just want more patience – give the manager support. There's room for patience, being brave and working together. We have to get behind him."

Mandaric's previous – 25 Jan 2011: Tells Wednesday's fans to back Alan Irvine. "Booing doesn't help anyone. This is a difficult time but it's not a time to panic or point fingers. Now is the time for all of us to be together and get behind our manager. I believe in Alan." 3 Feb: Sacks him.

We bloody doomed!

Sheffield Forums running on overdrive at the moment

Some classic comments

BENITO CARBONE ‏@carbobenny10 23m
fingers crossed for me guys, waiting by my phone praying!! I prey god ...
Neil Warnock has been seen there today.

Stuart Pearce at 2/1 with VC

Carbone last week said this
BENITO CARBONE ‏@carbobenny10 24 Nov
I don't know if my dream come true to manage Sheffield , I can make job whether the team is Premiership or League One. This is to be clear

Last edited:
Well. If Warnock has been seen there. I guess Nwets has moved to Sheffield.

Saw quite a bit of talk about Di Canio becoming their new manager.

Him and Mad Mandy does not seem like a good combination!

If they do get Di Canio though, I hope he hasn't taken over by the time we play them. Don't rate him as a manager, but he is the kind to get an instant response from a team (like at Sunderland).

I think the tradition of new managers securing a win in their first match are somewhat dwindling. It just doesn't seem to be the thing any more if y'all know what I'm sayin'

Saw quite a bit of talk about Di Canio becoming their new manager.

Him and Mad Mandy does not seem like a good combination!

If they do get Di Canio though, I hope he hasn't taken over by the time we play them. Don't rate him as a manager, but he is the kind to get an instant response from a team (like at Sunderland).

2 words if Milan is really considering Di Canio......... "Martin Allen"

Leicester City ‏@OfficialFOXES
#LCFC fans going to Sheffield tomorrow, there are currently major road works on the M1 (Jct 30-32 both carriageways) causing major delays.

Living up here I can testify that travel around the period 4-30 to 6-30 is shocking at the moment worse than usual and even worse on the M1 probably junction 30 up to and beyond Meadowhall. Over the past few weeks there has been collisions and car fires overturned vehicles in that section making it worse and traffic down to a standstill.
I would certainly allow extra time for your journey.

As an alternative come off the M1 at Junction 31 and take A57 which eventually feeds into the road from J33 anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566