Confirmed Transfer Shinji Okazaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting... Pearson's clearly a fan having pursued him for a while.

Curious to see what happens though. Would we have signed Kramaric if we could've got him in January?

Krammy looks to have great technical ability and, like many, I'm hoping to see more of him this season.

Shinji and Krammy both in the starting lineup?

I like Wood but he will go and it's probably the right choice. Nuge could go too though.

A lot of it will depend on the system that NP plans to use.

But whatever. welcome Shinji! Came out of nowhere this one. Can't wait to see him play!

Wouldnt be devastated to see Nuge move on if im honest.

Wouldnt be devastated to see Nuge move on if im honest.

If we continue to play this 3-4-1-2 formation I think Nugent still has a place behind the front 2, where he looked best last season. There's some games he'll be a lot more suited to than Mahrez.

He say's he is a midfielder in the goals video above.

By all accounts we've had offers for Wood already so looks like he'll leave. IMO Nugent isn't really Prem quality, it would be sad to see him go but these things happen when you are trying to progress. Would make a good signing for any promotion chasing Championship team...

As long as he never takes a penalty for us again im happy

From another football forum. Sounds like we'll be counter-attacking again next season, which suits most of our players.

As discussed yesterday morning, Shinji Okazaki's move to Leicester has now gone through. Mainz 05 fans are very sad to see him go, as he's been excellent for them in the last 2 season, scoring 27 goals in 65 games for a team that is hardly prolific.

It's predominantly his workrate that made the striker so popular with the fans. Okazaki was Mainz's first line of defence, running tirelessly to close players down and chasing long balls into the channels to provide relief for Mainz's back line. This side of his game will also make him popular at Leicester, I feel.

But €10 million for a 29-year-old with only a year remaining on his contract was a figure that sporting director Christian Heidel was never likely to get again, and so fans have accepted the move, not least because Okazaki has never made a secret of wanting to play in the Premier League.

He's very much a counter-attacking player though, and worked so well at Mainz in the last two seasons because he fitting into their system perfectly. Okazaki had previously struggled to impress at VfB Stuttgart, who were playing a more possession-based football.

This isn't Okazaki's strength at all - he doesn't really hold the ball up well and lacks the technical skills to bring others into the game, so Pearson will need to find a way of playing to his strengths. As with Christian Fuchs, this could be a good (if over-priced) transfer for Leicester if they've done their research into the player's strengths and weaknesses.

From another football forum. Sounds like we'll be counter-attacking again next season, which suits most of our players.

I'm unsure whether I would call our style counter-attacking over the last 9 games?

We certainly didn't have the lions share of possession in any of them (if I recall correctly) what we did was high pressing, high tempo, in your face football that lead to spells of prolonged pressure on the opposition.

If we were deemed counter attacking over the previous 24 games (excluding the first 5 where again I am unsure whether the description of counter attacking is correct), then we are setting ourselves up for problems.

We absolutely must play to our strengths as outlined above and as per the beginning and end of the season.

This same high tempo approach will undoubtedly gain greater points throughout the season and in my opinion will give us a greater chance of attaining 50+ points which bearing in mind the investment thus far must be our 'lower' target.

Let's not forget we didn't get thumped once and held our own very well against the top sides ('tis the Leicester way doncha know) home and away and that 'brand' of football means you are rarely out of a game and will always cause whoever the opposition is - problems.

I hope and believe NP has learnt that our lethargy over the vast majority of the season (24 games) was due to how we set up and trying to nick a goal here and there doesn't work.

I also believe as I'm sure others will agree that there is no way we can rely on a repeat of the end of season last time round in the 2015/16 campaign.

I'm unsure whether I would call our style counter-attacking over the last 9 games?

We certainly didn't have the lions share of possession in any of them (if I recall correctly) what we did was high pressing, high tempo, in your face football that lead to spells of prolonged pressure on the opposition.

If we were deemed counter attacking over the previous 24 games (excluding the first 5 where again I am unsure whether the description of counter attacking is correct), then we are setting ourselves up for problems.

We absolutely must play to our strengths as outlined above and as per the beginning and end of the season.

This same high tempo approach will undoubtedly gain greater points throughout the season and in my opinion will give us a greater chance of attaining 50+ points which bearing in mind the investment thus far must be our 'lower' target.

Let's not forget we didn't get thumped once and held our own very well against the top sides ('tis the Leicester way doncha know) home and away and that 'brand' of football means you are rarely out of a game and will always cause whoever the opposition is - problems.

I hope and believe NP has learnt that our lethargy over the vast majority of the season (24 games) was due to how we set up and trying to nick a goal here and there doesn't work.

I also believe as I'm sure others will agree that there is no way we can rely on a repeat of the end of season last time round in the 2015/16 campaign.

What a great post

So there I was today, trundling along on the treadmill at my local gym doing my asthmatic best, watching Sky Sports News on the little TV screen in front of me. They did a bit on this new striker chap and all seemed well with the world. However, in late June, Sky Sports News fails to hold my attention for very long.

So I look up into the big mirror in front of the line of treadmills and survey the scene. There was this one fat old lump on my right sweating and stumbling, but making me feel better about myself. And then there's this chap on the left of me watching Sky Sports classics - Real Madrid beating Valencia with the original Ronaldo, Zidane and company - whilst impressively increasing his speed without any sign of breathlessness or inadequacy.

I take an immediate dislike to him. He's one of those effortlessly fit types. I increase my speed to keep up with him but it's futile and I soon revert to a brisk walking pace to regain my breath and accept my role as a middle aged never-will-be. I change my channel to his as a mark of deference.

Anyway, the game they're showing is taking place on a really sodden pitch and there's this one move from Roberto Carlos that is excellent in the conditions and I turn to the chap to give a mutual nod as we're watching the same thing. But he's in the zone. It is at this point that a faint electrical connection occurs in my brain and I realise that I'm training next to Shinji Okazaki.

So what can I share about this experience. Well, he makes a sound every 30 seconds or so which is a cross between a Tom Jones cough and that 'fight' sound at the start of that old Kung Fu style arcade game. He can run for a long time without getting even remotely out of breath. When he finished his run, he lifted his shirt to admire himself in the mirror for a little too long. Some other chap came in after he left with lots of Japanese gear and there was a woman and young boy about too. Couldn't work out the family dynamics but the little lad (2-3) looked the spitting image of SO.

That's about it really.

So there I was today, trundling along on the treadmill at my local gym doing my asthmatic best, watching Sky Sports News on the little TV screen in front of me. They did a bit on this new striker chap and all seemed well with the world. However, in late June, Sky Sports News fails to hold my attention for very long.

So I look up into the big mirror in front of the line of treadmills and survey the scene. There was this one fat old lump on my right sweating and stumbling, but making me feel better about myself. And then there's this chap on the left of me watching Sky Sports classics - Real Madrid beating Valencia with the original Ronaldo, Zidane and company - whilst impressively increasing his speed without any sign of breathlessness or inadequacy.

I take an immediate dislike to him. He's one of those effortlessly fit types. I increase my speed to keep up with him but it's futile and I soon revert to a brisk walking pace to regain my breath and accept my role as a middle aged never-will-be. I change my channel to his as a mark of deference.

Anyway, the game they're showing is taking place on a really sodden pitch and there's this one move from Roberto Carlos that is excellent in the conditions and I turn to the chap to give a mutual nod as we're watching the same thing. But he's in the zone. It is at this point that a faint electrical connection occurs in my brain and I realise that I'm training next to Shinji Okazaki.

So what can I share about this experience. Well, he makes a sound every 30 seconds or so which is a cross between a Tom Jones cough and that 'fight' sound at the start of that old Kung Fu style arcade game. He can run for a long time without getting even remotely out of breath. When he finished his run, he lifted his shirt to admire himself in the mirror for a little too long. Some other chap came in after he left with lots of Japanese gear and there was a woman and young boy about too. Couldn't work out the family dynamics but the little lad (2-3) looked the spitting image of SO.

That's about it really.

Interesting. I'm going to take that as a sign that we're going to win the league. Cheers BN, I feel happy now :)

Reminds me of the time Homer was playing Naked Guess Who with Alan Maybury.

At least it wasn't Naked Twister with Graham Fenton. He had two hands on red and when one foot tried to reach yellow the bastard farted in my face.

Wonder how this chap is feeling, Pearson was a big driving force behind his signing.

He was signed to fit in with our ethos of pressing hard up the pitch, working his socks off and closing defenders.

Will big Guss be looking to utilise such a player?

Unless he has developed Alzheimers, his record with PSV Eindhoven, Chelsea and Real Madrid speaks for itself.

Besides, we already have a great team with extra players in now.

All he has to do is to tell them "just play like you did in April and May", and show them the DVD of the last 10 matches.

Simples!

Unless those performances only happened because Pearson had hypnotised the whole squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566