shortwave radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianfox

Does anyone know if the match/radio leicester is transmitted on shortwave radio? My dad is a WORLD subscirber but I would like to get him a shortwave radio for xmas if it means he can listen to the match while at work or in the garden. Cheers.

Does anyone know if the match/radio leicester is transmitted on shortwave radio? My dad is a WORLD subscirber but I would like to get him a shortwave radio for xmas if it means he can listen to the match while at work or in the garden. Cheers.

Radio Leicester isn't transmitted on Short Wave. I think I am correct in saying that the Medium Wave transmitter that used to be used by Radio Leicester has now been switched to the BBC Asian Network.

Radio Leicester is FM, DAB or via the internet only, as far as I know.

Last edited:
No, it's not. FM only. Local BBC stations are only supposed to transmit to the local area, you struggle to receive it more than 30-40 miles away.

You can get it all through Birmingham and even into Redditch. I think radio Leicester has one of the best broadcasting rages for a local station.

Radio Leicester is FM, DAB or via the internet only, as far as I know.

I have a digital radio so will I be able to pick Radio Leicester up on that in Manchester or is it still broadcast on the same shitty broadcast thingy??

I have a digital radio so will I be able to pick Radio Leicester up on that in Manchester or is it still broadcast on the same shitty broadcast thingy??

No, you won't. Even on DAB, you can still only receive the local local radio stations.

Putting the postcode M1 1AA into the box on the BBC Digital Radio page suggests that the local radio stations that you will be able to listen to are:

BBC Radio Manchester
Century NW
Galaxy Manchester
Heart NW
Key 103
Manchester's Magic 1152
and, perhaps, Signal 1 and Signal 2.

Lucky you, eh?

Last edited:
No, you won't. Even on DAB, you can still only receive the local local radio stations.

Putting the postcode M1 1AA into the box on the BBC Digital Radio page suggests that the local radio stations that you will be able to listen to are:

BBC Radio Manchester
Century NW
Galaxy Manchester
Heart NW
Key 103
Manchester's Magic 1152
and, perhaps, Signal 1 and Signal 2.

Lucky you, eh?

It doesn't even include XFM Manchester - possibly the best radio station ever!!! TBH not listened to any of them but surely they can't be as bad as that shite called Leicester Sound!!

It doesn't even include XFM Manchester - possibly the best radio station ever!!! TBH not listened to any of them but surely they can't be as bad as that shite called Leicester Sound!!

It does include XFM UK. I don't know whether this is the same station.

Nah its different. XFM Manchester is amazing if you like rock/indie music which I do. Always playing Stone Roses and Oasis ect plus loads of new stuff which is good and has many interviews with the Liam and Noel as well as other big names!!

Nah its different. XFM Manchester is amazing if you like rock/indie music which I do. Always playing Stone Roses and Oasis ect plus loads of new stuff which is good and has many interviews with the Liam and Noel as well as other big names!!

Good news! The XFM website suggests that XFM Manchester is available on DAB despite what the BBC site says.

Also interesting to note that, as well as all the other good things that you say about the station, it also holds the world record for the most maraccas being shaken at the same time!!
:icon_eek:

Last edited:
See, I told you it was amazing. You should listen to it if you can pick it up!!

Our tastes must differ. It's enough to make me glad that I've never lived in Manchester - and I am never likely to in the future!

I live about 17.6 miles from manchester and can get XFM manchester and XFM (London) quite well. There isn't any other stations in the area that play rock/inide stuff on DAB (Except 6Music)

Have you tried The Revolution on 96.2 FM? Based in Oldham they are like XFM but better! (IMO). My choice when in the car.

Have fun.

I live about 17.6 miles from manchester and can get XFM manchester and XFM (London) quite well. There isn't any other stations in the area that play rock/inide stuff on DAB (Except 6Music)

Have you tried The Revolution on 96.2 FM? Based in Oldham they are like XFM but better! (IMO). My choice when in the car.

Have fun.

Nice one, will check it out later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611