Simone Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
is their a strictly caucasian Tv channel?

No, in much the same way there isn't a caucasian music awards ceremony

or a caucasian ball, similar to the Asian ball held every year in leicester.

....because they are number of funcitions celebrating various things at venues with cacucasian people.
In their title, definition or objective?, or just by circumstance?

Last edited:
....because they are number of funcitions celebrating various things at venues with cacucasian people.

so there are no other functions that celebrate various things with asian people?

In their title, definition or objective?, or just by circumstance?

People find all too easy to highlight a minority for having a tv channel, a music awards, a celebration.

The reason is that people of other minorities are simply not catered for by normal mainstream culture which is largely dominated by caucasian people.

The MOBOS for example are a celebration of Urban music which are mostly won by Afro-Carribean people but mixed race and white have still won the awards. People say these awards are racist or prejudice but it's just a simple case that the mainstream awards like NMEs or Brits seem to neglect other cultures. The winners of Brit Awards are rarely non-caucasian. NME Awards are mostly won by 4 white indie kids.

MATV was set up to readdress the balance for more Asian-ordinated programmes which currently aren't shown on BBC or ITV.

An Asian Ball for example provides Asians with an alternative party which has it's own origins and respectability.

Last edited:
calling something the Asian Ball is alienating, it is surely a form of discrimination.

MOBO contains the word "Black" in it's title. I find that disgusting and I would hope we would ever think of putting the word "white" in a title.

Now, I know lots of people will fall for the spin of "Black Origin" doesn't exclude white people, but it's a cover

calling something the Asian Ball is alienating, it is surely a form of discrimination.

And would you say the same thing about the Student Ball, or the Law Society Ball, or the Women's Institute Summer Ball ???? :102:

MoBo stands for Music of Black Origin, not 'urban'.

There has been a number of programs on mainstream TV with Asian actors, there were even Bollywood films on.

I don't buy into this Politically Correct Multi-Cultural bollocks.

MOBO contains the word "Black" in it's title. I find that disgusting and I would hope we would ever think of putting the word "white" in a title.

Now, I know lots of people will fall for the spin of "Black Origin" doesn't exclude white people, but it's a cover

Quite, the whole thing pisses me off, if we ever named anything in the way they do we would be shot down for segregating the different ethnicities. We have to be so careful how we step these days that it's doing a full circle.

MoBo stands for Music of Black Origin, not 'urban'.

There has been a number of programs on mainstream TV with Asian actors, there were even Bollywood films on.

I don't buy into this Politically Correct Multi-Cultural bollocks.

which doesn't stop a White person winning an award. A white person can still record music of Black Origin.

How many Asians are in Eastenders and Coronation Street?
How many Afro-Carribbeans are in Hollyoaks?
Is there a Asian or Far Eastern filmstar making mainstream blockbusters?

And would you say the same thing about the Student Ball, or the Law Society Ball, or the Women's Institute Summer Ball ???? :102:

:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670