Simpson....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

From Skysports.com

Cambridge United boss Jimmy Quinn has admitted he wants to fend off Championship interest in striker Robbie Simpson.

Simpson, 22, has caught the eye with his exploits in front of goal this term and he has reportedly come under the watchful gaze of Ipswich, Leicester and Norwich.

Quinn is not surprised to see Simpson attracting attention, but feels the forward would benefit from spending another season with Cambridge.

"Any young player that's in the form Robbie is in is going to attract interest, but we don't want to lose him," Quinn told the Eastern Daily Press.

"He'd be better off playing for Cambridge in the Conference, hopefully with a bit of success, rather than in someone's reserves for a Championship club.

"I think it's vital for Robbie's experience and development that he has another season with us and, with a bit of success, it could be the making of him.

"If he goes to the wrong club, it could set him back, but if he does leave he should be thinking about going to the Championship because he is that good."

Anyone know anything about this Simpson chappy, because this is the first I've heard of him?

I like the fact that the championship will be bad for him, but if he is thinking of leaving, he should head there!

Never heard of him, should be looking at more experienced players in my opinion. We are about to begin a job next season and we need people in place who know how the job needs to be done, not some piss pot player that may or may not have potential

Never heard of him, should be looking at more experienced players in my opinion. We are about to begin a job next season and we need people in place who know how the job needs to be done, not some piss pot player that may or may not have potential

I agree........Wurzel

13 in 14 speaks for itself really.
Theres another striker doing really well in the lower leagues, and he's a local lad, Luke Varney. Lived/Played for Quorn a few years back, I wouldn't rule him out of a move here! But like you say, proven over potential.

Simpson eh?

one of the carbon blobs from sector 7g?

Smithers... release the hounds

i read about him on friday but just ignored it but he did score on saturday and he has been scoring lots of goals, i think if we go for player in the lower leagues we have to go for billy sharpe who is a free transfer so we need to offer him a contract at least.

i read about him on friday but just ignored it but he did score on saturday and he has been scoring lots of goals, i think if we go for player in the lower leagues we have to go for billy sharpe who is a free transfer so we need to offer him a contract at least.

Sharp out of contract? I don't think so. Even if he was we'd still have to pay a big fee.

Sharp out of contract? I don't think so. Even if he was we'd still have to pay a big fee.

Well i am sure i read somewhere he is out of contract or it might have been billy jones but i will come back with evidence,

Well i am sure i read somewhere he is out of contract or it might have been billy jones but i will come back with evidence,

Billy Jones is out of contract at the end of season and Crewe cant afford his wage. Despite his Football Manager ratings, he's not really made any impact in League 1. Crewe would also still get a fee.

Billy Sharpe signed a three-year deal in August 2005. So. that means his contract finishes next season.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=299136&plid=39188&clid=&cpid=11

Billy Jones is out of contract at the end of season and Crewe cant afford his wage. Despite his Football Manager ratings, he's not really made any impact in League 1. Crewe would also still get a fee.

Billy Sharpe signed a three-year deal in August 2005. So. that means his contract finishes next season.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=299136&plid=39188&clid=&cpid=11

Thanks hazz least that is cleared up, billy jones has played alot of games in the championship and he is still young with alot to learn, but we have got mattock and if he can keep playing like he is there will be no need for billy jones

Oh I wonder if he would be as successful as the last player from Cambridge United :101: :120: :119:

I don't think the former club bares any relevance TBH, we don't need this guy wherever he's from

We've had three ex-Cambridge United players here and they've all been disappointing, to say the least. I'm not keen for us to sign another one!

What about Tev BenjiMAN, he was really successful here, only his sight let him down,:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669