Sing up you buggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Smith

In todays Mercury the Foxes trust are calling for fans to make the Walkers more intimidating. Email and text your friends, tell them to get their arses in gear cos' we are about to prove we don't have the worst fans in the league.

Blarmy!!

and a BOOM for Joe.

Thanks Foxes Trust for telling us that great advice
I would never of thought of doing that

Keep up the good work

homer said:
Thanks Foxes Trust for telling us that great advice
I would never of thought of doing that

Keep up the good work

Let positivity shine!

It worked for United. How many on here said how great their support was last year?

Maybe if they had lied and put out a statement saying that everything was fine with our support more people would be happy. :(

United as in Man United? They had shit suppport - if you weren't talking about them I apologise :D

The United support was away support

Our away support can be as good as that on any given day.
There is nothing wrong with it, so the comparison is pretty pointless

If you go to Old Trafford, however, you will find that the atmosphere from the home fans can be completely and utterly shite on occasions

I agree completely - like many places thought the away support is usually always better then the home fans.

Do you not want the home support to be better?

Since we moved into this stadium the support has got gradually worse. The FT have been positive in trying to encourage some noise, that can only be a good thing, why be cynical about it?

Bobby Smith said:

Since we moved into this stadium the support has got gradually worse. The FT have been positive in trying to encourage some noise, that can only be a good thing, why be cynical about it?

I agree Bobby - I don't understand all this hostility towards the Trust... they are trying to improve things but some people just have to moan about everything... dont they? :roll:

Positive steps would be to:

1. Lobby the club to reconsider the layout of the stadium - the placement of the Family Stand next to the away support was bound to discourage the usual "banter" between fans, and the atmosphere that goes with it
2. Lobby the club to stop their stewards from acting like little Hitlers every time a group of fans gets out of their seat to sing/chant/cheer
3. Lobby the club to stop trying to turn the whole character of a traditional football match (and the atmosphere that went with it) into some pathetic modern day razzamatazz "match day experience" designed for families and weak bladdered of this world. It comes with a corresponding atmosphere of polite applause and a faint smell of wee
4. Concentrate on the fact that the club is becoming a parody of itself with it's pathetic advertising campaigns (e.g. Frank is Back), and it's relentless pursuit of the fast buck - and it might actually have a knock on effect in terms of bringing back the love and passion which is fast fading away
5. Stop wittering on about the fact that the fans are so piss poor, when the bollox being served on the football pitch has been about as passion-inspiring as a cup of cold sick

EMC Fox said:
Bobby Smith said:

I agree Bobby - I don't understand all this hostility towards the Trust... they are trying to improve things but some people just have to moan about everything... dont they? :roll:

Cheers :) Even Mr Ginetta has come off the fence to say that the support hasn't been great at home. Good on him. As a City fan you can either be offended by these statements or go to the game tomorrow and give it everything. :roll:

I hate to say it, but post MA I thought some 'fans' on here might stop whining but its clear they are just moaning gits who will moan whatever happens. I've said it before and I'll say it again that the internet gives a voice to lots of people, some of them IMO, should have their fingers lopped off for what they post. Lets just stop this whining about every single issue that is raised on this forum, try to be postive, sing some new songs, generate an atmosphere and create an atmosphere where our team wants to play and the other doesn't. Its a two way thing and we can be the first to make a difference, and if it does, frankly Leicester will be winning and I couldn't give a crap where the family end is and if its the players job to get the fans going.

Its driving me insane.

homer said:
Positive steps would be to:

1. Lobby the club to reconsider the layout of the stadium - the placement of the Family Stand next to the away support was bound to discourage the usual "banter" between fans, and the atmosphere that goes with it
2. Lobby the club to stop their stewards from acting like little Hitlers every time a group of fans gets out of their seat to sing/chant/cheer
3. Lobby the club to stop trying to turn the whole character of a traditional football match (and the atmosphere that went with it) into some pathetic modern day razzamatazz "match day experience" designed for families and weak bladdered of this world. It comes with a corresponding atmosphere of polite applause and a faint smell of wee
4. Concentrate on the fact that the club is becoming a parody of itself with it's pathetic advertising campaigns (e.g. Frank is Back), and it's relentless pursuit of the fast buck - and it might actually have a knock on effect in terms of bringing back the love and passion which is fast fading away
5. Stop wittering on about the fact that the fans are so piss poor, when the bollox being served on the football pitch has been about as passion-inspiring as a cup of cold sick

I don't know if you have emailed the FT before? I have sent them messages on some of the issues that you have raised here. Unless we let them know what we think then they will not act.

The patronising PR from the club is something that really annoys me.
The Stadium layout is wrong.
The stewarding issue is something that we all know is wrong across football but the 'safety' rules are there for all clubs, like them or not, unless we all sign-up to standing petitions like the one posted on here a few weeks ago nothing will change.
I hate the Razzmatazz more than anyone, 'Simply the f*cking best' and 'We will rock you' are the reasons I arrive 1 mins before K.O.
And I agree the footy has been dire so far. All the more reason to show that we are Leicester and f*ck everyone else. I hope tomorrow I am one of the majority.

i love this article in todays paper, really made me laugh. right then tuesday night me and my dad went to the game together for once and we both feel that the team needs all the help from the fans it can get, so then were on the back row with nobody infront of us for 4 rows and we decide to get behind the team like any REAL fan wants to. we stand up for about 5 mins really trying to get it moving when a lovely steward comes up and tells us to sit down. even the little old lady infront but to the left finds this amusing and cant believe it. now then you say get behind the team, theres only so much energy any fan can generate with their arse on the seat. what tosh, contradicting the club, so i can blame you when i get thrown out for 'generating an intimidating atmosphere,

id love nothing more than turning the walkers into an intemidating place for away teams. but im afraid it wont happen. only in L1 where they actually do get behind the team standing up. what a difference it makes to

lako42 said:
i love this article in todays paper, really made me laugh. right then tuesday night me and my dad went to the game together for once and we both feel that the team needs all the help from the fans it can get, so then were on the back row with nobody infront of us for 4 rows and we decide to get behind the team like any REAL fan wants to. we stand up for about 5 mins really trying to get it moving when a lovely steward comes up and tells us to sit down.

The same thing has happened to me on the back row. It's crap. We are not alone with this problem.

http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk/

I just don't understand why some can manage to sing and shout whilst sitting and others can't manage it. It's not ideal, I know.

STAND UP IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER, STAND UP IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER ...

... just doesn't work so well if you are sitting down does it?

:wink:

... though there's no way any modern seated stadium is going to allow fans to stand up for the majority of time. No way.

Too often the Walkers is just that bit too 'English' and reserved if you know what I mean ... people want to cheer/sing but some just feel they need even half an excuse / reason to do so. I though the crowd only got going on Tues when things got more tense, eg when we were trying to hang on (unwisely of course, rather than defending far away from our box) at 2-1.

I am going tomorrow, be my 10th game of the season (some away). I always enjoy the away games far far more , the banter, the singing if not always the footie. Sometimes though not always that's ok too...

COME ON LEICESTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree Bobby Smith...and Homer ....so can't we just sing for improving the short term whilst continually working/wishing on the longer term problems...

To pick up Homer's points:
- We have already discussed this well over a year ago. The away fans cannot be moved, Safety Advisory Group/Police insist they stay at the easiest access point. Swapping the South & North stand occupiers over was thought to be too difficult as so many season ticket holders would have to move & it was felt that would be unpopular.

- The Safety Advisory Group at Leicester is one of the most strict in the country. Our understanding is that fans can stand up briefly during a game at times of exciting play or briefly to urge encourgament, but 5 mins would be viewed as too long.
- We keep raising this one, we have politely told them where to stick We Will Rock You & told them the mix with the Omen theme sounds awful. We have been told that some fans like WWRY & clap along, we haven't had a single e-mail in support of WWRY.
- Marketing is being discussed at the next Fans Forum. The club do need to seek revenue from as many ways as possible though & those paid to do so are often criticised for doing the job they are paid to do. We raised in the last Forum that the Fans generally didn't buy into the 120th idea.
- just like to explain the Mercury 'angle on this story'. I was asked about 6 times by the reporter 'don't you think the fans should make more noise' - so this was the story they wanted.
As I said, but not all printed to him:
a) As fans we have been far too quite in many games this season, although I can remember a couple of games where the Kop has a good go at lifting the side wihtout the play to match with 10-15 mins of noise (sorry L1 - very quiet in comparison)
b) On Tuesday with a better game - thought the backing was generally good.
c) We are not intimidating enough - we aren't putting officials under pressure, which other fans do at home
- that all said, fans should try to raise the side when they are struggling, it may give a bit of confidence back to a player or two & then all working together we may get a result.

Yes if the performance is poor, show your feelings about it at the end of the game, but not during it.

Foxes_Trust said:
To pick up Homer's points:
- We have already discussed this well over a year ago. The away fans cannot be moved, Safety Advisory Group/Police insist they stay at the easiest access point. Swapping the South & North stand occupiers over was thought to be too difficult as so many season ticket holders would have to move & it was felt that would be unpopular.

so why don't the Club ASK the STH who sit in those stands what they think?? seems simple enough to me.......most people i know in the Kop would prefer having the away fans next to them(as like at Filbo) and so they would welcome the areas being swapped over.
and the people i know who sit in the family stand(quite a few) think the behaviour towards THEM from away fans is sometimes a bit much when they've got little kids sitting next to them,so THEY wouldn't mind if the Stands were swapped.

Foxes Trust said

"We keep raising this one, we have politely told them where to stick We Will Rock You & told them the mix with the Omen theme sounds awful. We have been told that some fans like WWRY & clap along, we haven't had a single e-mail in support of WWRY."

What was wrong with the 2 or 3 songs we used to hear at Filbert Street; Let me entertain you" etc.
I thought they built up the atmosphere well with out being trite, shite and somebody elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566