Sir Les stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamuearlJackson said:
blimey o'riley, i'm getting sick of this old vs new argument. it's been done a million times on here now!

IMO the way to go is to assemble the best possible squad, given our resources, in an attempt to gain promotion at the first attempt. it is much easier to gain promotion immediately than if you get stuck in the division for a while. I think this is the way MA thinks too. We do at least have a mix of youth and experience in the squad. I am not going to criticise MA's buys at the moment. Providing Dublin stays fit he will score goals a plenty. Tiatto is what we needed and McAteer will play a lot of games this season.

SamJ

Agreed. However if we do not get back in the PL where are we then :?: Doing what MA is doing is a big risk that might take several years to recover from if it is not successful. IMO he has to get promotion this season, or look for alternative employment. :wink:

as webbo said in another thread, next year we won't be screwed because we'll still have the parachute payment but we'll lose the remaining PT contracts so we should be in a strong position next year too, compared to the rest of the division.

SamJ

and of course, if we get promotion then we'll have even more lee-way and ability to sign good, young players that are difficult to get hold of.

SamJ

SamuearlJackson said:
and of course, if we get promotion then we'll have even more lee-way and ability to sign good, young players that are difficult to get hold of.

SamJ

egsacilly what i have been sayig, easier to rebuild in the premier league, and elliots contract is up next year, as is benjamins, so if we do go up we can spend at least 5 million.

While on the subject of parachute payments..

If you do go back up at the first time of asking, like we did last time, do you still get the parachute payment for the 2 years? I can't imagine you do, but just wondered really.

what happens if we do down again this season?
is there a championship drop out parachute?
would it replace or be in addition to the premier league payment?
would MA still buy old men?
would MA be in charge?
:roll:

i'm pretty sure MA would be fired if we were relegated as there is absolutely no way we should be in those kind of difficulties with our squad.

SamJ

SamuearlJackson said:
i'm pretty sure MA would be fired if we were relegated as there is absolutely no way we should be in those kind of difficulties with our squad.

SamJ

we wont be so chill!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371