skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

anyone going skiing or boarding this winter

i'm toying with the idea...

I have a theory about skiing and skiiers. It ties in with my usual line of thinking.

I have a theory about skiing and skiiers. It ties in with my usual line of thinking.

I have a theory about theorists. It ties in with Melts' usual line of thinking. ;)

anyone going skiing or boarding this winter

i'm toying with the idea...

probably not.

This has something to do with the fact I stood at the top of slopes last year and thought "shit, that looks dangerous". That could in turn be something to do with the fact that the previous time I'd been in a similar position I had to be transported back by some very hunky mountain rescuers and spent 3 months on crutches.

I probably tie in to Melton's theory on ski-iers.

I probably tie in to Melton's theory on ski-iers.
If you're one of those skiers that respond to "**** Off, I would never go skiing if you paid me a million pounds, I hate the thought of skiing, I hate the people that go skiing, and I hate the thought of lugging all that shit around with me" with this type of comment: "Oh go on, give it a try, you'll love it when you do it", then yes, you do fit into my designated bracket for skiiers.

The pretend holiday for rich people, people who think they are rich (but aren't), people who would like to be rich (and think that everyone will think they are if they go), and people who are sad low life chavs

The pretend holiday for rich people, people who think they are rich (but aren't), people who would like to be rich (and think that everyone will think they are if they go), and people who are sad low life chavs

Or may be people enjoy it and see it as an alternative to boring holidays lying on a beach.
I've never been but I would love to go, my sister goes every year and loves it.

Worst thread ever, mainly because of the retarded views contained within it.

Worst thread ever, mainly because of the retarded views contained within it.
Maybe the people you are referring to need educating then?, not articulate enough to do it?

Yes you need educating about skiers :icon_roll
I think you misunderstood me Lako as I don't know what your post is trying to say.

I've obviously confused you a tad so I'll leave it there.

I think you misunderstood me Lako as I don't know what your post is trying to say.

I've obviously confused you a tad so I'll leave it there.

Yea fair enough

and people who love snow - and are disappointed every year when we get none around here.

The idea of throwing yourself down a steep mountain head first into the snow somehow has never appealed to me...

i find it strange that people slag it off without having been

:102:

yes it's exercise and dangerous, if you have a sedentary lifestyle, don't go

it can be expensive, but you don't have to go with a package, you can book your own easyjet

it's immense fun and there are lots of bars, some of them on piste, some of them on top of mountains above the cloud layer, when did you last have a beer and look down on the clouds?

you still get pubs showing sky sports and getting english people drunk, it's not all Tarquins & Ruperts

I want go skiing and break my leg. I have never suffered any injury and I would really like 6 weeks of everyone coming to my calling need.

It's really not to be recommended. Even with insurance it's hassle up front (my ambulance crew demanded a credit card before they'd drive me to hospital), you can have problems getting home (some airlines are reluctant to take you) and after a couple of days it gets very boring not being able to move, especially if you do it on the first day of the holiday like I did.

Lift passes and ski hire aren't cheap but we've always driven or gone by easy jet and booked B&Bs online, and the people we meet are more likely to be students than toffs. Mind you I've never been to the Swiss resorts that the royals go to.

If it's not for you then fair enough, each to their own, I'd hate the idea of clubbing in Ibiza (even when I was younger), but why slag off other people who enjoy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48