skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find it strange that people slag it off without having been

:102:

yes it's exercise and dangerous, if you have a sedentary lifestyle, don't go

it can be expensive, but you don't have to go with a package, you can book your own easyjet

it's immense fun and there are lots of bars, some of them on piste, some of them on top of mountains above the cloud layer, when did you last have a beer and look down on the clouds?
you still get pubs showing sky sports and getting english people drunk, it's not all Tarquins & Ruperts

About two weeks ago up Aonach Mor on the Nevis Range

ouch

first day as well... how did you do it?

Near the top of a fairly nasty red (about at my limit as I wasn't the world's most adventurous skier, but I was with an instructor and he took me there and I had already been down it once) I went to turn, but slid on a patch of ice, my tip hit some unpisted snow and I went down. Ironically I was going quite slowly and cautiously but this meant my binding didn't release. Apparantly had I gone faster I would have been less likely to injury myself! I didn't actually break my leg I stuffed my knee and ended up having it operated on.

Near the top of a fairly nasty red (about at my limit as I wasn't the world's most adventurous skier, but I was with an instructor and he took me there and I had already been down it once) I went to turn, but slid on a patch of ice, my tip hit some unpisted snow and I went down. Ironically I was going quite slowly and cautiously but this meant my binding didn't release. Apparantly had I gone faster I would have been less likely to injury myself! I didn't actually break my leg I stuffed my knee and ended up having it operated on.

i'm a plodding blue runner with the occasional red, i always go down a new one like a leaf then build up when i get comfortable with it

i weigh a tonne to luckily when i make mistakes i pick up speed and go flying out of my skis ;)

i'm a plodding blue runner with the occasional red, i always go down a new one like a leaf then build up when i get comfortable with it

yeah that about summed me up too, but the last time I went I discovered I'd lost my nerve.

I've never been boarding - to me that's just mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48