Sky Anytime TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Super Dooper

Just pressed my TV guide and I've another new magic button at the bottom:

Red = Anytime TV

So I pressed it, and much to me pleasure there is a load of programmes and films that are "on demand" to watch whenever I want.

Bloody luvvly stuff :038: :038:

Super Dooper

Just pressed my TV guide and I've another new magic button at the bottom:

Red = Anytime TV

So I pressed it, and much to me pleasure there is a load of programmes and films that are "on demand" to watch whenever I want.

Bloody luvvly stuff :038: :038:

extra to pay?

I've not got it..... must be on another programme plan to you

Not really. All it's doing is filling up your Sky hard drive with junk you probably don't want to watch. If you did want to watch it you could Sky+ it anyway.

It will become available for all Sky+ subscribers soon.
Is it on the hard drive or is it streaming?, even if it is it on the hard drive it will expire and delete itself.

It's on your hard drive.
It won't affect us though, Sky are installing it on the section of the hard drive that was alreay portioned off and unused. So it won't alter our % free stat

It won't affect us though, Sky are installing it on the section of the hard drive that was alreay portioned off and unused. So it won't alter our % free stat

Wouldn't you prefer to be able to use it all to record the stuff you want, rather than be forced to use some of it for stuff you're never going to watch?

When the kids have recorded 40 episodes of Lazytown and Dora the Explorer you'll wish you had the extra capacity :)

Wouldn't you prefer to be able to use it all to record the stuff you want, rather than be forced to use some of it for stuff you're never going to watch?

When the kids have recorded 40 episodes of Lazytown and Dora the Explorer you'll wish you had the extra capacity :)
Of course, yes I would. but I have no choice really, they've blocked it and I don't know how to unblock it. If I did I wouldn't know what the legality issue would be, if any.

Once your 12 month initial contract is up, my understanding is that you can do whatever you want to your box. I plan to install a 500GB harddrive in mine, apparantly it is just a normal IDE harddrive.

Feckin HD subscribers..... want something for nothing as usual

Not really. All it's doing is filling up your Sky hard drive with junk you probably don't want to watch. If you did want to watch it you could Sky+ it anyway.

It will become available for all Sky+ subscribers soon.

Not so, it uses an area of the HD box's hard drive you cant use anyway. Not all Sky+ box's will work with it either.

Once your 12 month initial contract is up, my understanding is that you can do whatever you want to your box. I plan to install a 500GB harddrive in mine, apparantly it is just a normal IDE harddrive.

Wouldnt advise that beights, many peoples box's were rendered useless when sky did a firmware update and screwed up 'upgraded' boxes accidentaly on purpose.

Wouldnt advise that beights, many peoples box's were rendered useless when sky did a firmware update and screwed up 'upgraded' boxes accidentaly on purpose.

hmm I'm sure there must be legal issues there.

They just sent me a letter saying my 12 months are nearly up, did I want to pay upwards of £80 for another 12 months warranty! A new box is only £99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58