Snape

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

I can see why Snape came back in the team - he is club captain and had a great Twenty20 with the bat. But his duck today just rubs salt in the wound for Tom new, who has outperformed Snape and Maunders IMO and scored a 50 against Pakistan last time out.

I'm sorry but I just can't see a role for Snapey in the Championship side.

Looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow as I'm taking advantage of the Foxes being in town and popping down to Sophia Gardens to watch the 2nd day - after I've run the Sport Relief mile that is :icon_bigg

The reallity is that Snape isn't good enough to justify a place in the championship side. He averages under 30 with the bat and doesn't really bowl in 4 day cricket anymore (he averages 47 in the longer form of the game so its no great surprise)

It was a mistake making him club captain. We are carrying him :(

If he must play then drop Henderson, who is just awful, get Snape to bowl more with Mongia. Then put in another batsman such as New.

Robinson
Maunders (or other)
Ackerman
Mongia
Sadler
New
Nixon+
Snape
Masters
Broad
Griffith

Was chuffed today to witness Ackerman hitting Leics' highest ever first-class score, 309*. My first day of live cricket all year and I got to see history made :038:

Tried to capture the moment on my phone but stupdily used the digital zoom and didn't turn out very well. Attached pic is HD celebrating the moment. The pitch is dead though - it will be a draw.

Last edited:
Griffith's figures so far for us in the Championship mid-way through his second match: 1 wicket for 194 runs.....

Willoughby-esque??

good effort Glyn with the record breaking photo! It's appreciated by me at least.

Definitely heading for a draw this one. Snape only bowled 1 over in the whole innings. If he isn't going to bowl on a pitch like this then there is no point him playing at all. He may be a good captain but we can't afford to play with 10 men. If he wasn't captain he would have been dropped a long time ago!

flashyfox said:
good effort Glyn with the record breaking photo! It's appreciated by me at least.

Definitely heading for a draw this one. Snape only bowled 1 over in the whole innings. If he isn't going to bowl on a pitch like this then there is no point him playing at all. He may be a good captain but we can't afford to play with 10 men. If he wasn't captain he would have been dropped a long time ago!

Cheers CM.

Snape might me a good 20/20 captain but results in the Championship, and the inability to bowl teams out, don't suggest he's any good at first-class captaincy either! What is he doing as skipper :102:

He can thank whoever he wants, its a free country! :) It was a lovely picture if it makes you feel any better ;)

I can't believe how boring this game is. There are pitch inspections if too many wickets fall, there should be pitch inspections if the game produces no chance of a result as well! It was good to see HD wipe Hodge from the record books though. He has been getting so many 50s recently, he was due a conversion.

I don't know if I would worry about Griffith just yet, although one wicket in three innings is disappointing! I might be a bit more concerned about Broady. I think we are perhaps putting too much pressure on him. Hes expected to lead the attack but he is younger than me!

Henderson bowling his usual rubbish I see.

CM said:
I don't know if I would worry about Griffith just yet, although one wicket in three innings is disappointing! I might be a bit more concerned about Broady. I think we are perhaps putting too much pressure on him. Hes expected to lead the attack but he is younger than me!

Agree about Broady. He's being expected to lead the attack, which is too much.

I was only half-serious about Griffith. He had a superb 20/20 and his figures include this game, which no seamer has done well in (until his 3 wickets in the second innings :038: )

Snape has taken a wicket :eek:

6 down, but too late I think. We should have declared at lunch. And Glamorgan should have declared at 410 yesterday to set up a result. Bottom 2 teams in the league and still playing for draws :102:

It seemed odd to me that we didn't declare earlier. From memory we had a 300 lead at lunch but stayed out for another hour. Although credit to us for getting so close to winning on such a flat pitch.

The biggest thing Leicestershire seem to be missing is a killer instinct. In the past few years we have been in positions to win games but just crumble away. We won't get into the top two unless we take a few chances, be prepared to sacrifice a draw for a chance of winning.

Just looking at past tables, I didn't even realise it was that bad! We have 1 win this year, we had 3 last year and 4 the year before. That is quite dreadful.

Since we're talking about captaincy then how about Graeme Smith to replace Mongia here next year? I don't particulary like the guy but hes the sort of character we need in our dressing room.

47 overs was never going to be enough to bowl them out. Seemed to be happy with a draw. Although it was a good performance by Griffith and Broad to take 5 wickets on that pitch.

There have been around 3 games this year and 5 last year when we haven't killed teams off. The team had potential - we just needed another century maker (Maunders isn't it) and a decent strike bowler to support Broad & Griffith/Asif.

What are we playing at in this game? We are actually batting with a purpose? The RR is up at 3.8 but we're lucky to get above 3 on most occasions.

100 lead now with 1 wicket left. If we can get their top 5 out cheaply then they have quite a long tail.

Well done to Snape :eek:, Broady and Masters on fine 50s this morning. We have quite a decent tail really.

Well Derbyshire have just wiped out our lead. And unless they give us a challenging declaration it will probably be another draw that we've got after being comfortably in front.

Broady is carrying the attack. only in the 2nd innings against Glamorgan has Griffith made any kind of early inroads. I just cannot see us taking 20 wickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669