So we're rich, but we're skint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion is less certain when you're effectively competing against teams that have a massive financial advantage though isn't it? That's what has been artificially created in the Championship. Our league was the one where any team could get promoted and any team could beat another. It has been its USP for years and the main reason why it has a world wide audience despite being a second tier league.

FFP will destroy everything that is good about the Championship.

There isn't much good in the championship to destroy, it's the feeder league to the most overhyped league in world football and as such attracts the vultures of football ownership.

am i alone in thinking that FFP will be the making of us?

if external investment is limited, then we return to the early nineties where clubs in the second tier make their money from gate receipts and TV money

then football gravity sets in and we're one of the better supported teams in the division

am i alone in thinking that FFP will be the making of us?

if external investment is limited, then we return to the early nineties where clubs in the second tier make their money from gate receipts and TV money

then football gravity sets in and we're one of the better supported teams in the division

But that will take tiiiiiime. We want it now!

But that will take tiiiiiime. We want it now!

I'm not being funny but it has been 10 years, anyone wanting promotion now has been utterly patient.

Which book do they use for that?

Not sure who or how they'll do it but yes, an owner can't just pump money in through one huge commercial revenue stream. The Football League are supposed to attribute each one with a value and calculate accordingly.

That said, I'm not sure how they can restrict the number of sponsorship revenues coming in. That's surely a different case entirely.

Not sure who or how they'll do it but yes, an owner can't just pump money in through one huge commercial revenue stream. The Football League are supposed to attribute each one with a value and calculate accordingly.

That said, I'm not sure how they can restrict the number of sponsorship revenues coming in. That's surely a different case entirely.

I'm guessing that most clubs, Leicester included, are looking at any possible revenue streams, expect advertising on everything in the stadium, any chances to rent the stadium out and all other avenues to be explored. It'll be interesting to see how much extra Leicester can generate from the Rugby World Cup games.

I'm guessing that most clubs, Leicester included, are looking at any possible revenue streams, expect advertising on everything in the stadium, any chances to rent the stadium out and all other avenues to be explored. It'll be interesting to see how much extra Leicester can generate from the Rugby World Cup games.

Take a dump in the King Pooer toilets? Stuff like that, yes?

Has anyone noticed how Watford are completely taking the piss out of FFP again this summer. There are several players arriving on 'frees' or 'loans' from third party clubs. They're not getting them all from Udinese this time, but they're still acquiring a squad that is far superior to what they're paying for.

If this is legal, why not do the same? Vichai could set up a side in Bangkok, recruit a few players and immediately loan them or free transfer them to us.

Well, you've obviously managed to outthink the rules with that little gem.

The difference of course is that your method of bypassing the rules has been dismissed widely with officials saying that they will not allow 'non market valuations'. My proposed approach is actively being used by one of our rivals quite successfully with no sense that anyone has a problem with it.

You ought to make sure you send your great idea to Top, he'd probably pay you a mint to oversee it.

The difference of course is that your method of bypassing the rules has been dismissed widely with officials saying that they will not allow 'non market valuations'. My proposed approach is actively being used by one of our rivals quite successfully with no sense that anyone has a problem with it.

We are also free to loan in and obtain free transfers. Watford are subject to the same FFP rules and will still have to keep within the same financial constraints for paying their wages. What I find strange with Watford is that they are allowed to bring in anyone whilst under a transfer embargo.

Parachute money cushioning them from FFP?

Well, sort of. Surely the parachute money is designed to help with inflated wages, which QPR obviously have. And if you see the size of Blackburn's squad you have to wonder whether those payments are even making a dent in their finances. I read that they're expected to post losses of about £40m this year. Worrying if you're them.

There are, however, still the likes of QPR and Blackburn making a mockery of FFP.

Why?

FFFP says there are consequences, but if the 2 teams get promoted they'd say the paltry fine was worth it.
Not making a mockery, just looking at it another way.

How will the FL decide what is a market rent for sponsorship? Surely something like sponsorship is pretty hard to put a value on other than what people are willing to pay. Given that some companies may argue that in the 12 or so months they are sponsoring they may not see an increase in income to cover the value of their sponsorship, but will raise brand awareness that could benefit for decades to come and could pay a premium to cover this.

Why?

FFFP says there are consequences, but if the 2 teams get promoted they'd say the paltry fine was worth it.
Not making a mockery, just looking at it another way.

Very true, something QPR have done similar with in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669