Some considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

I've tried to avoid this forum for the last few days so I don't get wound up by people calling for Levein's head and the usual reactionary posts that get thrown up on here after a bad result or poor performance.

I said before Xmas that the worst thing we could do would be to go up this season which is now nigh on impossible and a good thing IMO, and I really don't see us being relegated, which leaves us with the FA Cup and the realistic chance of a result up at Blackburn on Saturday.

To me, CL is doing the right thing, getting rid of the dead wood that has cluttered up our changing room over the past 2 years, bringing in some younger hungrier players and shaking things up a little bit. We are, as a result of this, playing with more energy, more quality and creating more chances, which unfortunately, are going begging more times than a homeless bloke with a dog.

At the moment, I think the players (and fans to some extent) are more concerned about the Cup and not getting injured/suspended for it. They probably feel they are too good to go down and are concentrating on the cup. In fact the best thing that can happen to us league wise would be to get knocked out by Blackburn at the weekend so the focus is solely on 50pts. However, I think we will come back from Ewood Park with at least a draw. That'll probably mean I'd expect another couple of games where we don't pick up points. See Millwall last year as an example.

IMO, we are in danger of going down if you look at the table, but realistically I can't see that happening. CL is building a team that (when it wants to) can compete with the Premier League teams and over the summer it will improve even more - probably with the addition of a couple of strikers.

Thats the way I see it, basically if we are in the Cup then the league form will suffer.

Bingo! Dunc for President of the US.

We have a great chance at Blackburn because they probably won't get 10 men behind the ball like every side that comes to the Walkers.

Good post Dunc but why did you say the same thing twice? Not a dig - just curious.

supposed to cut and paste, but clearly copied and pasted it instead.

:-( :-? :x :mrgreen:

A bit like Xeroxing jazz mags.

Good posting! Levein is clearly the way forward...the football has improved massively...and I highly doubt we would be debating his merits if we had a player who could stick it in the net!

Hope springs eternal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570