Sorry but this getting silly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

What is the big deal???

i cant see why tigers hate the foxes and vice versa!

LCFC is number one for me but i love to see other leicester teams do well as its my birth town! Tigers, the cricket team, basketball and any other sport....speedway for feck sake if we brought it back to the city.

I love Leicester and i want it to suceed and continue to be a sporting capital! I really do fecking love this city it may be a shit hole but i miss it. Im dead proud of the fact we have a good football team, cricket team, basketball team but mor importantly at the end of the day we have the Man Utd of Rugby teams LEICESTER TIGERS and im glad there back on track and winning again.

If we share our ground it would mean more money, support and more people would about Leicester. Im all for the ground share and i hope it goes a head!

If Football fans and Rugby fans are too shallow to see past there own boots then shame on them!

Once LEICESTER always LEICESTER.

COME ON CITY
COME ON TIGERS
COME ON LEICESTER FOXES
COME ON LEICSTER RIDERS

For those that are just thinking we cant share a team cos there our rivals hen your wrong we should support each other no matter what.

one more point Tigers used to boo the half time footie scores if City were winning why???

This IMO has blown out of hand, im for one for it.

(sorry for the rant)

Johnsy

Great post!!

Im the same as you i love Leicester, and i find it hard to understand why leicester city fans and tiger fans dont seem to get on, when they support the same thing LEICESTER,

Wasnt it great when leicester was the sportting capital of England back in 1997 (i think could of been 1999) when the cricket, tigers and city all won cups

Im all for the ground share, aslong as they can keep the pitch to its standard now i have no problems with the idea

UP THE LEICESTER

ScarboroughFox said:
What is the big deal???

LCFC is number one for me but i love to see other leicester teams do well as its my birth town! Tigers, the cricket team, basketball and any other sport....speedway for feck sake if we brought it back to the city.

I love Leicester and i want it to suceed and continue to be a sporting capital! I really do fecking love this city it may be a shit hole but i miss it. Im dead proud of the fact we have a good football team, cricket team, basketball team but mor importantly at the end of the day we have the Man Utd of Rugby teams LEICESTER TIGERS and im glad there back on track and winning again.

If we share our ground it would mean more money, support and more people would about Leicester. Im all for the ground share and i hope it goes a head!

If Football fans and Rugby fans are too shallow to see past there own boots then shame on them!

COME ON CITY
COME ON TIGERS
COME ON LEICESTER FOXES
COME ON LEICSTER RIDERS

For those that are just thinking we cant share a team cos there our rivals hen your wrong we should support each other no matter what.

one more point Tigers used to boo the half time footie scores if City were winning why???

(sorry for the rant)

Johnsy

What happens when the Man Utd of Rugby become to big for their boots and kick us out of 'their' house? Then we'll be screwed. Didn't think about that did you. What happens if maybe not this season, or the next, but if we got relegated while Tigers won European Cup after European cup and got even richer? They would have the power to buy us out and then we'll be without a home.

Joe_Fox said:
ScarboroughFox said:
What is the big deal???

COME ON CITY
COME ON TIGERS
COME ON LEICESTER FOXES
COME ON LEICSTER RIDERS

(sorry for the rant)

Johnsy

What happens when the Man Utd of Rugby become to big for their boots and kick us out of 'their' house? Then we'll be screwed. Didn't think about that did you. What happens if maybe not this season, or the next, but if we got relegated while Tigers won European Cup after European cup and got even richer? They would have the power to buy us out and then we'll be without a home.

If we get relegated, like you say, and they keep winning, then we will be low on funds, giving tigers the perfect chance to buy us out anyway so it doesn't matter. No doubt the board will put a clause stopping them doing such a thing.

they tried to buy the stadium when we went to adminastration anyway for a cheap £5 million bid, which we wouldn't of had a choice but to accept.

Is anyone actually saying that ?

I don't see the Tigers as my rivals, I see them as the glorious rugby team from Leicester. I had great days in my yoof watching them win three successive cup finals at Twickenham. Top class Leicester days out on the coach from Welford Road.
And I wore a stripey scarf knitted by me mum, if I remember, even though I was too old for it. Just seemed a good idea at the time.
I still go from time to time, and always will.
In the same way I used to bike down to Grace Road after school when I was a teenager just to watch an hour and a half of Brian Davison smashing the ball all over the ground. Doesn't mean I want them to play cricket at Filbert Way.

This is not a City versus Tigers thing

This is a football thing.
This is about the final nail in the coffin of the whole culture of football, and embracing the new world order of "sports"
It's music on the tannoy, jesters hats and polite applause
It's about no swearing, no standing, no identity, no nothing

You might feel its a good thing to move away from the traditional culture of football, and all the obvious evils it contains, and that's fair enough.
That's a valid opinion, and I respect you for it, even if I happen to be opposed to it in every way

But don't say it's about City V Tigers because it is not. If you are from Leicester you love everything about Leicester - who amongst you will not be cheering on Hinckley United in the next round of the cup, even if you've never been anywhere near Hinckley in your life ?
And please don't come up with twaddle about it being about green seats instead of blue because that's just pathetic

This is a principle thing, and that is all

Good post - Leicester till I die, wether its football, rugby, cricket or anything else.

We should be supporting, and helping, each other to become as strong and successful as we possibly can. If that means sharing then great, bring it on.

Why would the Tigers EVER want to kick City out or vice-versa... If either club ever became that nasty I would expect that fans of both and people of the city and county would stand very strongly against it... This I think is a non-issue :roll:

EMC Fox said:
Why would the Tigers EVER want to kick City out or vice-versa... If either club ever became that nasty I would expect that fans of both and people of the city and county would stand very strongly against it... This I think is a non-issue :roll:

Maybe, but who is to say that one becomes bigger and greedy, they might not kick them out but they may buy out the other half then 'rent' it to the other party.
Friendships or relationships mean sh*t in business when it starts to go wrong.

EMC Fox said:

Doubtless there would be legally binding protection of interest clauses built into any agreement but the main protection is from the fans and I, for one, believe there would be a riot if either clubed to shaft the other by buying them out of the ground.

Sport is the BIGGEST thing Leicester has and this offers the opportunity of lifting the profile of the City's two major clubs to an all-time high.

It makes loads of financial sense and looks the most logical way forward if we have serious ambitions.

Look how the two Sheffield clubs have languished through lack of cash and inspiration this last umpteen years.

Like others, I to some extent lament the days when sport was played solely (bungs in the boots excepted) for the love of it and the club's favourites stayed 10-15 years and more.

But if, like me, you can't see those old days returning we've got to compete in the ruthlessly competitive and commercial world that exists and I'd rather we were forward looking and innovative than one step behind all the time.

Leicester is our City. I've often felt it undersells itself (even a Leicestershire airport bears a Nottingham title, for God's sake) but this is a chance to set the pace for once. We should take it. I cannot imagine a better opportunity anytime soon.

ScarboroughFox said:
One thing is for for sure! Sport isnt a sport its a business! how i would have loved to havebeen around when players played for the pride not the money!

And look what it has boiled down too, the city players of old played football, rugby and bloody cricket!

Joe_Fox: surly there will be a contract stating a 'kick-out' isnt possible!

All that and also this is an almost unique opportunity for LCFC to capitalise on the success of the Tigers. In any partnership there has to be some sacrifice but the chance to regain ownership of the ground, possibly expand the stadium into the biggest in the Midlands and improve cashflow is too good to turn down.

What I'd say to the Tigers board is:

'If you want to play in a modern 32,500 seater stadium then build you f*cking own. If we had a crap stadium and you had a good one, you'd never let us steal it unlike you, we would probably have the decency not to even ask in the first place, let alone try to take over the club at the same time.'

I would then go on to say:

'Who the f*ck do you think we are? Wigan? Hull? Huddersfield? No, we are Leicester City we've never been one of these little crappy clubs who share with the rugby team, and we never will be. Leeds Rhinos have never made an enquiry about Elland Road, so what do think you're doing asking us if you can have the Walker's Stadium? Weare at least as big as Leeds Utd.'

East Anglia Fox said:

'If you want to play in a modern 32,500 seater stadium then build you f*cking own. If we had a crap stadium and you had a good one, you'd never let us steal it unlike you, we would probably have the decency not to even ask in the first place, let alone try to take over the club at the same time.'

'Who the f*ck do you think we are? Wigan? Hull? Huddersfield? No, we are Leicester City we've never been one of these little crappy clubs who share with the rugby team, and we never will be. Leeds Rhinos have never made an enquiry about Elland Road, so what do think you're doing asking us if you can have the Walker's Stadium? Weare at least as big as Leeds Utd.'

Come on this time 3 years ago Leeds were in the Champions Leauge, and beating us 6-1, I dont quite think were as big as them.

I dont see what the big whoo har is about, seems only sensable, and apart from the pitch seems pretty logical to me!

East Anglia Fox said:

Leeds didn't have to then, now that they are going thru all this financial troubles, i wouldn't be surprised if they did link up with the Rhinos after we had proved that it could work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669