Sour Grapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

This is how i see CL's opinion on the penalty decision. For me it was definitely a penalty and if it was down the other end then all City fans would have been screaming for a penalty.
Im not saying it was a deliberate foul as i think Kenton was a little unlucky but it was a good bit of skill from Stead and i certainly didnt think he dived.
CL moaned that the referee wasnt 100% sure on the decision, maybe, but isnt that what the assistant referee is for and IMO the ref did the right thing for once and consulted his linesman which they all should do.

I mean if it had happened down the other end and the ref ignored the linesman and decided not to give it i think this forum would be full with comments about sh*tty refs etc.....

The ref had an awful game, and it wasn't just the penalty decision. Yeah of course I wouldn't have been complaining if it was our penalty but Kenton got some of the ball, then Pederson just fell over when there was no need to.

I'm sorry for me that was not a penalty, however if Pedersen had gone down when he was challenged then I would have had little or no complaints because it is hard tio tell whether Kenton got any touch on the ball or not. But the fact is he stayed on his feet and turned around only to fall over the still sliding (and impossible to stop himself) Kenton.
That in my eyes is not a penalty and even a dive.
You cannot praise the referee for going to his linesman for this decision because he had a far better view. By looking to his linesman he put pressure no the linesman to make a quick decision and a guess at what had happened.

Perhaps I would have been bitter if it was us and the decision was not given, but I would still have thought the decision controversial.

Anyway im relieved we wont get embarrassed live on TV by Arsenal. counting my blessings there

he took his fecking legs away!! it was so obviously a penalty.

MDV seemed to busy falling over, miss timing headers (to make it look like he was being fouled) and bitching at the ref (if someone even breathed on him) rather than try and create chances.
he was fecking annoying me and if i'd been the ref i'd have booked him too for being such a whinging git and not trying to get on with a game of football.

shame we didn't win, easy arsenal in the semi....

Just seen it again on East Mids Today and i still cannot see how it cannot be a penalty. Kenton did get a slight touch when Pedersen back heeled the ball but his momentum carried him through and took Pedersens legs. I dont think the Blackburn player had a chance of staying on his feet even if he wanted too and if he managed to stay on his feet he would have had a great chance of scoring or setting a goal so why dive.

gregs_y2k said:
I'm sorry for me that was not a penalty, however if Pedersen had gone down when he was challenged then I would have had little or no complaints because it is hard tio tell whether Kenton got any touch on the ball or not. But the fact is he stayed on his feet and turned around only to fall over the still sliding (and impossible to stop himself) Kenton.
You cannot praise the referee for going to his linesman for this decision because he had a far better view. By looking to his linesman he put pressure no the linesman to make a quick decision and a guess at what had happened.

Perhaps I would have been bitter if it was us and the decision was not given, but I would still have thought the decision controversial.

Anyway im relieved we wont get embarrassed live on TV by Arsenal. counting my blessings there

Off all the dodgy decisions made by the ref and linesmen although it pains me to say it they got this one got this one right
I have looked a video a dozen times..........and Kenton was committed to the tackle, If Pederson had attempted to cross the ball Kenton would have blocked it however, Pederson stopped the ball with his heel and Kenton took Pedersons legs. Pederson couldn't stand as Kenton was underneath him.

If Kenton had touched the ball at any point then I doubt a penalty would have been given.

MKFox said:
he took his fecking legs away!! it was so obviously a penalty.

MDV seemed to busy falling over, miss timing headers (to make it look like he was being fouled) and bitching at the ref (if someone even breathed on him) rather than try and create chances.
he was fecking annoying me and if i'd been the ref i'd have booked him too for being such a whinging git and not trying to get on with a game of football.

shame we didn't win, easy arsenal in the semi....

I agree with you aboud MDV, if instead of holding on to the oposition players, he used his strength and concentraited on getting to the ball first his game would improve 100% and he might start scored some goals.
He spends more time and effort with his arms around a defender, then falls over and expects the ref to give him the free kick. He pizzed me off

But it was never a penalty.

chrislcfc18 said:
This is how i see CL's opinion on the penalty decision. For me it was definitely a penalty and if it was down the other end then all City fans would have been screaming for a penalty.
Im not saying it was a deliberate foul as i think Kenton was a little unlucky but it was a good bit of skill from Stead and i certainly didnt think he dived.
CL moaned that the referee wasnt 100% sure on the decision, maybe, but isnt that what the assistant referee is for and IMO the ref did the right thing for once and consulted his linesman which they all should do.

I mean if it had happened down the other end and the ref ignored the linesman and decided not to give it i think this forum would be full with comments about sh*tty refs etc.....

Mainly I agree, I thought it was a 50/50. Although if the same had happened down the other end there is no way he would have given it to us.

lesta_jesta said:
gregs_y2k said:

Off all the dodgy decisions made by the ref and linesmen although it pains me to say it they got this one got this one right
I have looked a video a dozen times..........and Kenton was committed to the tackle, If Pederson had attempted to cross the ball Kenton would have blocked it however, Pederson stopped the ball with his heel and Kenton took Pedersons legs. Pederson couldn't stand as Kenton was underneath him.

If Kenton had touched the ball at any point then I doubt a penalty would have been given.

It was one of those that sometimes are given - i.e. Kenton was clumsy and gave the ref the opportunity to give a penalty. I doubt if any ref would have given it to the away side at Highbury or Old Trafford. However, the way we played was an invitation to such a result - CL was right in his tactics IMO but if your side is incapable of scoring any goals then you are likely to lose matches. Its remarkable with the dire stuff that we serve up these days that we even got to the last eight - we should perhaps be grateful for that.

Nailed on pen for me, having now seen it on TV

Shit challenge by Kenton

Sadly the best right back we have was pissing the game away stuck on the left hand side

Watched some of the match on video today and I still can't decide on whether it was a pen or not.

But the ref missed a definite penalty for them earlier in the match, when Nalis pulled someone's shirt in the area, so I don't think we can complain too much about the penalty decision.

Still not happy with the ref though, he missed loads of fouls on MdV, and gave a foul against him every time he touched one of their players. Even one of the commentators said he didn't think the ref liked de Vries!

The main thing was Kenton gave them a chance of a Pen by diving in when if he'd stayed on his feet then they wouldn't have got the chance,it wasn't as if Pederson was going anywhere.The Ref was diabolical but he always is so I wasn't surprised.

Can't understand why there's so much negativety about this game.
The current league ladder shows we are in 39th position, and yet we finished in the last 8 of the worlds premier domestic cup competition. That in itself should be talked up. IMO to many people got carried away with the charlton result and expected something similar yesterday. Lets face it, if we were beating prem sides on a regular basis then we should be in the prem with them. Maybe we forget that this was only the 2nd time we reached the last 8 since the 1982 semi-final.IMO Watford is the only thing that matters now and we have to stop sulking about dodgy penalties and the defensive perfomance. C'MON THE BLUES, 3pts please down at the vic road

The negativity stems from the way we approached the game, played for a draw from the off, and incredibly sat back against a truly appalling team

But I agree it is time to move on - but we should not forget it

homer said:
The negativity stems from the way we approached the game, played for a draw from the off, and incredibly sat back against a truly appalling team

I agree.

We defended well, so in a way it was a decent performance. But we could have done so much better if we'd taken the game to them.

It's as though CL thinks we're not capable of scoring any more, so decided to go for 0-0.

I hope we are a bit more positive at Watford.

webmaster said:
Watched some of the match on video today and I still can't decide on whether it was a pen or not.

But the ref missed a definite penalty for them earlier in the match, when Nalis pulled someone's shirt in the area, so I don't think we can complain too much about the penalty decision.

Still not happy with the ref though, he missed loads of fouls on MdV, and gave a foul against him every time he touched one of their players. Even one of the commentators said he didn't think the ref liked de Vries!

I don't agree - had he of given that it would of been proberly the harshest of decisions. OK he did pull his shirt but no where near enough to get the reaction that came from the balckburn player IMO.

Fox Fan said:
I don't agree - had he of given that it would of been proberly the harshest of decisions. OK he did pull his shirt but no where near enough to get the reaction that came from the balckburn player IMO.

It doesn't matter how hard you pull someone's shirt, it's against the laws of the game to do it, and if you do it in the penalty area it's a penalty.
I know a lot of players do it and get away with it, but that doesn't make it right.

webmaster said:
Fox Fan said:

It doesn't matter how hard you pull someone's shirt, it's against the laws of the game to do it, and if you do it in the penalty area it's a penalty.
I know a lot of players do it and get away with it, but that doesn't make it right.

Well if that were the case then we should of had penatlies from all our corners, they were pushing and pullin us all over the place - at least he was consistantly crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669