Sousa Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted on Foxestalk yesterday a mate text me to say someone he knows had told him he'd seen Macdonald from Villa talking to Hoos in the Marriott yesterday.

Take it with a pinch of salt as it's coming through a chain of people, but that's what they said.

If true, I'm even more convinced O'Neill is coming back!

Talks with O'Neill

Top: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeen come back to leicester seeedee?

M'ON: Go **** yourself

Talks with Sven

Top: Sveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen come to Leicester Seedee
Sven: How much?

I saw Mandaric and the Thai's at the train station at 9am this morning, MOF looked happy and had a big grin, Top looked pissed off to say the least. They didn;t waste any time when they got to the Walkers.

That fits in with the SSN report just saying that Hoos is on his way to London to speak to (Sven / MoN, or another ?) potential candidate. Obviously they're all heading to 'the Smoke' for talks. Interesting that Mad Mandy looked happy, but the Thais looked p****d off !

Last edited:
That fits in with the SSN report just saying that Hoos is on his way to London to speak to (Sven / MoN, or another ?) potential candidate. Obviously they're all heading to 'the Smoke' for talks. Interesting that Mad Mandy looked happy, but the Thais looked p****d off !
I think Mandy & Co had arrived in Leicester from London, they're not going to London, Hoos is.

What do you make of this.....? Presumably Frank Sinatra and our Thai owners talk to each other?

From Wiki.......

After a year out of the game, in July 2007 Eriksson agreed to a three-year contract with the recently taken over top-flight but struggling English club Manchester City[2] worth £2 million a year plus bonuses[3], agreed with their wealthy new Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra. After a good start to the season that saw the club briefly at the top of the premier league for the first time in three decades and win "the double" against Manchester United, and with his early signings creating an impact, it was announced by many news sources that in a surprise move, Shinawatra claimed that he wished to replace Eriksson in May 2008 after only one full season, because of an "avalanche of very poor results which is unacceptable at this level". This ignored the fact that Eriksson had produced an all time (joint) record of season league points won and the best results since the 1970's, lifting the club to a final position of 9th in the premier league in spite of the players on field protest and non-performance in the closing games. On 2 June 2008 and in spite of a players "work to rule" that had disastrous effect on the last few results, a fans protest march to the clubs Eastland stadium and yet another extensive "Save Our Sven" campaign, Eriksson officially left Manchester City.

Maybe they are not used to british trains and the food they serve.

What do you make of this.....? Presumably Frank Sinatra and our Thai owners talk to each other?

From Wiki.......

After a year out of the game, in July 2007 Eriksson agreed to a three-year contract with the recently taken over top-flight but struggling English club Manchester City[2] worth £2 million a year plus bonuses[3], agreed with their wealthy new Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra. After a good start to the season that saw the club briefly at the top of the premier league for the first time in three decades and win "the double" against Manchester United, and with his early signings creating an impact, it was announced by many news sources that in a surprise move, Shinawatra claimed that he wished to replace Eriksson in May 2008 after only one full season, because of an "avalanche of very poor results which is unacceptable at this level". This ignored the fact that Eriksson had produced an all time (joint) record of season league points won and the best results since the 1970's, lifting the club to a final position of 9th in the premier league in spite of the players on field protest and non-performance in the closing games. On 2 June 2008 and in spite of a players "work to rule" that had disastrous effect on the last few results, a fans protest march to the clubs Eastland stadium and yet another extensive "Save Our Sven" campaign, Eriksson officially left Manchester City.

And the mist clears......:081:

My mate just summed Sven up...'It's always struck me that he looks like someone who should be dispensing hemorrhoid cream in a pharmacy'.

Last edited:
I can't see MON lasting long under our owners, although I'd choose him over Sven if there is any chance (which i doubt).

Wouldn't mind Sven. He's more marketable for the Thais, too.

Wouldn't have expected either of these to be seriously linked with us, escpecially so soon.

I think Mandy & Co had arrived in Leicester from London, they're not going to London, Hoos is.

OK, thanks. I wonder if they were returning this morning from talks (with Sven ?) yesterday - and Hoos has been sent out to tie (sorry for the pun !) up the paperwork today. If so, I bet the Thai's were looking p****d off, because of the amount they were going to have to stump up for Sven's contract - and buy out the rest of Sousa's !

Last edited:
Mandaric looked like teh cat that got the cream. I felt the urge to tell them to sack Sousa as i walked right by them, i didn't need to in the end.

News from Thailand about the new manager...

ว่าไป............... เจà¸*ทีมไหน ก็เสียวทั้งนั้นแหล่ะ ตà¸*นนี้ 555 à¸*ันดับ6 vs à¸*ันดับ5 .....จากท้ายตาราง

ว่าไป............... เจ��*ทีมไหน ก็เสียวทั้งนั้นแหล่ะ ต��*นนี้ 555 ��*ันดับ6 vs ��*ันดับ5 .....จากท้ายตาราง

Translation:

"www.kingpower.com"

Bloody marvellous! It wasn't personal Paulo but your were making a right mess of our club. Goodbye and good ridance.

If Bob says Sven then thats who I guess it will be. But I would love Martin O'Neill back in charge of the club.

What do you reckon then.........? How did Matty Fryatt, Jack Hobbs etc. react when they heard this news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669