Sousa Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thai's? Who are calling the shots. They've probably never heard of him. They will want Ericsson because he's a 'name'.

Nah they know feck all about football, then again they probably listened to MM about Sousa and look what happened there.

Who knows, but I don't think it would take long to convince them O'Neil would get the crowd on side and add about 8000 to the gate!!!

In other news, the League Managers Association gives Milan a verbal spanking (plus comments from Sousa):

The League Managers Association (LMA) can confirm that Leicester City F.C. has parted company with Paulo Sousa with immediate effect.

Paulo Sousa said: “To be sacked after being told that there was a long term strategy at the club and after only nine games in charge is something that I find very surprising.”

Richard Bevan, Chief Executive of the LMA said, “How can a chairman expect to deliver success at a football club when a talented manager is recruited and dismissed within 2 months, at the start of the season and is given only nine league games to put his own imprint on the squad and the club?

“Knee-jerk dismissals, and the chopping and changing of managers will not deliver success on the field and is incredibly destabilizing to the entire club. Paulo’s sacking is even more disappointing in light of the chairman’s comments on Paulo’s appointment, in the summer, when he stated he was ‘delighted to acquire a manager of such great calibre.’

“Leicester City Football Club has had fourteen managers since 2004 and six whilst the current chairman has been at the club. Clearly the club has to examine its manager recruitment strategy as their current approach does not work. It is damaging to the club and its fans and is an inappropriate way to treat talented managers and their careers.”

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-6653.html

Last edited:
In other news, the League Managers Association gives Milan a verbal spanking (plus comments from Sousa):
Milan is off soon, I don't think Top and his Pops will be too happy with what Milan was saying in the Media, He's there Bitch Now!!!

From RL: Apparently Milan spoke to the players this morning before Stowell and Powell took the training session. Stringer says he spoke to Sousa at 5pm yesterday and he (Sousa) had no idea he was about to be sacked.

Stringer was cagey about the responce of the players, I wonder if those smilies weren't right.

Which talented manager was sacked after 9 league games? Have I missed something? Perhaps he could be next in line for us?

I defy anyone to say his appointment and tenure wasn't similar to Martin Allens as I suggested:

Arrives pre season
Signs a load of shit players he has no clue about
Upsets key players
Abject performances
Sacked after a few games

We will now end up with:

Loads of crap players we can;t get rid of

I defy anyone to say his appointment and tenure wasn't similar to Martin Allens as I suggested:

Arrives pre season
Signs a load of shit players he has no clue about
Upsets key players
Abject performances
Sacked after a few games

We will now end up with:

Loads of crap players we can;t get rid of

Relegation?

what does sven know about 'ugly' football required to escape the championship ?

sousa wanted to play pretty but without a premiership squad, thats impossible in this league.

sven will make a similar mistake. (and will be a lot more expensive to get rid of).

would rather see sean o'driscoll than sven.

our squad is good enough to challenge for the play offs - even from our current position. however, it will only do so if we stop trying to be arsenal and remember how we achieved what we did last season. pretty football rarely gets you anywhere in the championship.

MON will NOT come with MM as chairman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670