Post Match Southampton 0 Leicester City 9 (nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without checking, I am confidently predicting that it is the two players who each scored a hat trick
I haven’t seen it either and I’m going to guess Pulisic has made it in there for scoring with a jammy deflection and a header which hit him on the back of the head.

Does Garth do a xTeamoftheweek?

Crooks of the Matter
I thought at the time the sending-off Ryan Bertrand was a harsh decision but when I discovered Mike 'clever clogs' Dean was behind VAR in the Southampton versus Leicester fixture I wasn't surprised.

Anyone who has played football at any level, and especially in the conditions both teams had to contend with, would have made allowances for the players.

If Dean has played the game (and I rather suspect he has) then he should know what defenders have to cope with and therefore I can only assume that he wasn't a very good player.

There wasn't one pundit in the BBC Match of the Day studio or anyone on the pitch at St Mary's who would have sent Bertrand off for the challenge on Perez. And why? Because they recognised and understood the conditions.

Quite apart from destroying what would have been a perfectly good contest for the viewing public, he's instigated huge embarrassment to the club, its players and put a manager's career on skid row - all on a whim. You would also be very wrong to compare Newcastle's Sean Longstaff's dismissal against Wolves to Bertrand's. Longstaff was reckless.

The long-held tradition in football that the referee's decision is final is no longer the case. Andre Marriner gave Leicester the advantage by letting play run on and they took it. To punish the Saints further with the ultimate sanction and a sending-off, as opposed to a booking, was double jeopardy and, in my view, not in the spirit of the game.

Crooks of the Matter

Quite apart from destroying what would have been a perfectly good contest for the viewing public, he's instigated huge embarrassment to the club, its players and put a manager's career on skid row - all on a whim. You would also be very wrong to compare Newcastle's Sean Longstaff's dismissal against Wolves to Bertrand's. Longstaff was reckless.

What a load of ****ing cobblers.

we all know why Garth Crooks is employed and it's not for his football knowledge, if it was they would put him on air

Crooks of the Matter
I thought at the time the sending-off Ryan Bertrand was a harsh decision but when I discovered Mike 'clever clogs' Dean was behind VAR in the Southampton versus Leicester fixture I wasn't surprised.

Anyone who has played football at any level, and especially in the conditions both teams had to contend with, would have made allowances for the players.

If Dean has played the game (and I rather suspect he has) then he should know what defenders have to cope with and therefore I can only assume that he wasn't a very good player.

There wasn't one pundit in the BBC Match of the Day studio or anyone on the pitch at St Mary's who would have sent Bertrand off for the challenge on Perez. And why? Because they recognised and understood the conditions.

The long-held tradition in football that the referee's decision is final is no longer the case. Andre Marriner gave Leicester the advantage by letting play run on and they took it. To punish the Saints further with the ultimate sanction and a sending-off, as opposed to a booking, was double jeopardy and, in my view, not in the spirit of the game.
When are ex professionals going to learn that you are supposed to stay on your feet and if you lunge in and get it wrong then you risk a red card! It is the same as tackling from behind the law is there to stop broken legs especially lower down the order.
How many times do we hear throw away comments like "he got the ball" it is irrelevant, going back to the incident in hand if it had been dryer and his studs had stuck in the ground we could have been looking at a broken leg.

I don't think there is any reason to scratch one's head to realise what was being suggested. I neither agree with the suggestion nor think there was any reason to make it.

One thing that irks me is when players ask “if refs have ever played the game”. Do they ever ask themselves if they’ve ever refereed a game?
It seems to me that Crooks feels that a ref on the field will be able to judge conditions better than a ref in a cupboard. He's probably correct but the responsibility lies with each individual player who whatever the conditions must avoid making tackles that endanger an opponent.

I don't think there is any reason to scratch one's head to realise what was being suggested. I neither agree with the suggestion nor think there was any reason to make it.
he is their go to talking head on matters of race in football, his actual football knowledge is pathetic, otherwise he would be on TV or Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566