Post Match Southampton 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in the match thread but it's worth raising again:

The attacking set pieces are absolutely shit. We are not a threat to score from set pieces at all.

Partly correct, although leaving the last 5 words out of your last sentence would probably sum it up better.

It's six weeks since we beat Man Utd.

What an extraordinary collapse.

Not the slightest glimmer of hope playing like we have since we kicked off against Palace.

We're stinking the league out.

Nobody, but nobody can fail to beat us in this form and with this mentality.

Can NP do anything to sort this out?

For me, he's got the next two weeks on the training ground and the game against Sunderland. If we play as bad and lose again, it's Pulis time.

Our Premier League place is more important than NP or anyone else.

You think it's negative now, Pulis would be unbearable.

If we continue at this rate then at least I'll not need a prior year booking history to get tickets next season.

Wish we could get rid of some of our fickle bonehead fans as quick as they want the manager gone!

First away game of the season today and I would like to start with a positive and say our fans today were excellent, got behind the team from the off and kept going right until the end. Fantastic.

Defended well and stayed in the game for about 65-70 minutes, problem is we just don't look capable of scoring. Summed up by Wood and his horrendous miss, he looked completely clueless as to how to beat the keeper and his shot wasn't even close.

I can't understand how we have gone from looking like a real threat going forward to absolutely toothless.

It wasn't as bad as WBA if you ask me, I don't know whether that's because I was expecting us to get stuffed or not but it was a slight improvement.

This playing 4 central midfielders and no width thing has to stop though, it just doesn't work. Playing De Laet also has to stop, he's shocking.

Wish we could get rid of some of our fickle bonehead fans as quick as they want the manager gone!

Our fans are entitled to whatever opinion they want. Especially the valiant and vocal lovelies that have seen us score once in six away games this season at frightening expense.

To say different is extremely arrogant.

Last edited:

Fickle bonehead fans ?

Nigel Pearson has done in general a fantastic job in his 2 spells at LCFC. That said, this is a ruthless business. Plenty of us were shocked when Southampton departed company with Nigel Adkins after he had achieved a similar record at Saints. Palace were hopeless in their 1st 10 prem games, before Holloway made way for Pulis.
Depends what you want from your team. Would you be happy to spend £50-£100 and travel on a 300 mile round trip, to watch your team hoping to scrape a 0-0 with no chance of anything better, or lose 6-2 with a team that had some ambition regarding crossing the half-way line?
10 long years in the wilderness, surely we can't sacrifice this opportunity without at least giving it a go.

Fickle bonehead fans ?

Nigel Pearson has done in general a fantastic job in his 2 spells at LCFC. That said, this is a ruthless business. Plenty of us were shocked when Southampton departed company with Nigel Adkins after he had achieved a similar record at Saints. Palace were hopeless in their 1st 10 prem games, before Holloway made way for Pulis.
Depends what you want from your team. Would you be happy to spend £50-£100 and travel on a 300 mile round trip, to watch your team hoping to scrape a 0-0 with no chance of anything better, or lose 6-2 with a team that had some ambition regarding crossing the half-way line?
10 long years in the wilderness, surely we can't sacrifice this opportunity without at least giving it a go.

I can't understand anyone wanting to lose 6-2 over drawing 0-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566