Southampton Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From the OS. ;)

Two Changes For Foxes

Rob Kelly makes two changes to the side that drew with Birmingham for the Championship clash against Southampton at the Walkers Stadium.

In come Gareth Williams and Elvis Hammond for Stephen Hughes and Chris O'Grady.

Williams makes his full return to the side after shaking off a troublesome ankle injury, while Hughes, who has missed most of the last fortnight on the training pitch with a thigh problem, drops to the bench.

Conrad Logan keeps his place in goal and makes his third league start for the foxes, with a defence of Darren Kenton, Paddy McCarty, Gareth McAuley and Nils Eric Johansson playing in front of him.

Josh Low, Andy Johnson, Williams and Danny Tiatto play across the Leicester midfield from right to left, with Iain Hume and Hammond named in attack.

Former City defender Chris Makin is named in the starting line up for the visitors.

City: Logan, Kenton, McCarthy, McAuley, Johansson, Low, Johnson, Williams, Tiatto, Hume, Hammond.
Subs: Henderson, Hughes, Porter, Stearman, O'Grady.

Saints: Davis, Makin, Ostlund, Baird, Lundekvam, Wright, Viafara, Idiakez, Skacel, Wright-Phillips, Rasiak.
Subs: Miller, Pele, Licka, Surman, McGoldrick.

Yeah thats what I expected it to be. Was hoping Porter and Weso would've played but didn't expect them to..

Hopefully that lot can get the job done. Cmon City!

Glad to see Southampton have rested Bale today ;)

Last edited:
Elvis to score today in a win for City I think, and everybody to call him the solution to our scoring problems

I really do hope so. I just can't see

a) who's going to create chances
b) who's going to score
c) who's going to win the ball
d) who's going to keep the ball

A few areas to work on i guess!

Hammond shouldn't be within 200 miles of the ground awful awful player..doesn't understand the offside rule,feeble shot on him.

Last edited:
Hammond shouldn't be within 200 miles of the ground awful awful player..doesn't understand the offside rule,feeble shot on him.

5:25 Elvis Hammond(Leicester) caught offside.

Judging by the number of posts since the match started,I'd say its another thriller down at the Walkers.....

19:20 Cross by Louis Dodds(Northwich), headed goal by Gareth Griffiths(Northwich) (low centre of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Northwich 1-0 Rushden & D'monds. Assist (cross) by Louis Dodds(Northwich) from right side of penalty area. :icon_bigg ;)

HUUUUUUUUUMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!

1-0 City!!

20 yarder left footed goal from Huuuumey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00