Southgate Out…

homer

Pickford in goal FFS
Maguire in the back four, FFS
Henderson playing at all FFS
Maddison playing but possibly stuck on the left?

FFS

Not sure who should play ahead of Pickford - Pope with the ball at his feet is not a good watch and we aren't going to change the way we play to accommodate a keeper who isn't really any better.

Maguire and Henderson are definitely not the future but I can understand the selections in this instance - short of defenders and some experience in the middle for a tough away game makes sense imo.

It's also too soon to experiment in arguably our toughest qualifier - win this and we are pretty much there and we should be able to experiment a bit more. Lose it though and we'll be looking over our shoulders a bit and less likely to experiment.

I do agree with the thread title though, but I'm not sure what else he could do today.

Hilariously shit

Just look at where the two centre backs are when Zinchenko scores…

Everyone is being grossly unfair IMO.

These days for a top tier nation in the rankings to NOT qualify for the Euros is almost impossible.

England deserve enormous credit for at least giving it a go.

It’s been stale for years. Such a waste of talent.

If the 100% record had to go, I'm glad it was agin Ukraine, though Malta would have been funnier
The commentary started with “England have not lost in 10 games”

Of which maybe 6 genuine competitive fixtures, and of which 7 total were against bollocks opposition.

Like claiming it’s impressive Chelsea haven’t lost after playing against league one teams every week in friendlies.
Pointless stat

The commentary started with “England have not lost in 10 games”

Of which maybe 6 genuine competitive fixtures, and of which 7 total were against bollocks opposition.

Like claiming it’s impressive Chelsea haven’t lost after playing against league one teams every week in friendlies.
Pointless stat

I'd say it was underlining the impression that GS does not fartarse about in the qualifiers, at a guess having the Iceland fiasco at Euro16 as a place (with "bollocks opposition") he's not anxious to visit.

I'd say it was underlining the impression that GS does not fartarse about in the qualifiers, at a guess having the Iceland fiasco at Euro16 as a place (with "bollocks opposition") he's not anxious to visit.
Yeah and I understand the whole “can only beat what’s in front of you” but it seems wrong to claim brilliance if you’re only playing way below a challenge.

I don't think anyone, least of all Southgate, is claiming brilliance, but it's not just in qualification - his record at major tournaments is good too. I'm sure the Germans would love a manager with his record

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563