Spot the difference

Is Leicester City football club progressing

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Following on from Bocs ' points watch ' thread have we made any progress at all this season ? The stats say we are more a less in the same sort of position as we have been in the last 3-4 seasons. But what is the general sense of feeling about the clubs status? Are we just as far away as ever from the team returning to the prem? Is there anything better about the current squad compared to the previous seasons ? Are we closer to being a good solid team than people think? Would a new manager plus 2-3 good January signings provide the break through we are looking for ? Or are we as shite as ever ?

I M H O we are just as shyte as ever............ why oh why has'nt anyone seriously looked at our midfield and seen we are going nowhere without some brains/ability in there.

We are at a standstill look at our recent league finishes.

Looking forward to a dramatic improvement very soon.

Listened to Preston match on the radio yesterday, felt like the kelly days with andy johnson again , didnt sound promising at all.

There isn't a lot of optimism to go round here!
Im not worried i think the base is there for a successful few years ahead & i think the days of signing your Junior Lewis's & even Shaun Newtons are behind us.
Get a decent manager in & give him sufficient time & i think the futures bright :)

Last edited:
Any of those do?
Close, if you could squish them altogether...but another one is needed for everytime I see Stearman on the teamsheet and yet another one for everytime he kicks a ball or cocks up in defence.

It's kind of a combination of this lot... :bang::mad::098::icon_evil:icon_eek::icon_roll:icon_sad::102:

Although on paper we're doing very average, I'd say in the current bunch there is the makings of a decent team. It's just over the Summer we didn't get the most important parts of the machine.

Although on paper we're doing very average, I'd say in the current bunch there is the makings of a decent team. It's just over the Summer we didn't get the most important parts of the machine.
So, you're saying we got in a nice GPS, a pair of dice and a box of tissues for the parcel shelf but forgot to replace the wheels, the engine, the chassis and the caravan?

Yup. That's about right.

I think the playing squad (when fit) is better than we have seen for a while

Unfortunately they have been managed by total fools

Not in the team / in and out of the team / playing in completely the wrong positions / playing in completely the wrong formation

A good managerial appointment now will see success appear from just around the corner - a bad one will see us stay where we are

Last edited:
I think we're a bit better than we have been the last season or two, personally. That doesn't mean success is just around the corner though. At last we have a competent goalie, and that cheers me up a good deal.

It is quite obvious from occasional outstanding results that a good number of our players CAN play really well, when/if properly organised and motivated.
The right manager will make a huge difference. Even with a number of injuries to key players we can still put out a team that could win a game. Carl Cort at the moment is just as likely to help us win a game as Hume is. Admittedly Stearman still seems to be going backwards, but as long as we can always play two of MaCauley, Kisnorbo and N'Gotty, we should be OK. Kenton certainly seems to have stepped up to the plate successfully when called on.

The day players start being held to account (financially) for their performance the better our team will play.

Put them on contracts of £250 per week basic and make the rest up with attendance, effort, appearance and performance bonus'.

Stearman plays well against Villa because nothing he does threatens his salary or his place in the side - the first thing a new manager should do is drop the cnut.

I have a list of locations where this could take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669