19. Ball
20. Bamba
21. Vassell
22. Peltier
23. Gallagher
24. Berner

But I'm just N'Guessing.

Re: Pre-season games

The Mongs will be upset if Sven decides Kermogant is good enough to be included in a starting 18.

Adam Smith is there so if there's only 24 at least one player on the above list hasn't gone.

Probably Ball - after all, he was only reported to be doing a bit of training with us. Rumour has it that Masilela will be joining the lads in Sweden - not sure if he'll be counted as one of the 24 who went out there though, he could make it up to 25.

Probably Ball - after all, he was only reported to be doing a bit of training with us. Rumour has it that Masilela will be joining the lads in Sweden - not sure if he'll be counted as one of the 24 who went out there though, he could make it up to 25.

According to Sky: "Ball is also rumoured to be part of the squad of 24 for the first few games in Eriksson's home country."

Yuki Abe, Michael Ball, Sol Bamba, Bruno Berner, Neil Danns, Lloyd Dyer, Paul Gallagher, Steve Howard, Yann Kermorgant, Andy King, Matt Mills, Franck Moussa, David Nugent, Matt Oakley, Lee Peltier, Jeffrey Schlupp, Kasper Schmeichel, Adam Smith, Sean St. Ledger, Aleksandar Tunchev, Darius Vassell, Martyn Waghorn, Chris Weale, Richie Wellens.

No Moreno.

Last edited:
Abe, Ball, Bamba, Berner, Danns, Dyer, Gallagher, Howard, Kermorgant, King, Mills, Moussa, Nugent, Oakley, Peltier, Schlupp, Schmeichel, Smith, St Ledger, Tunchev, Vassell, Waghorn, Weale, Wellens

Squad of 24

Last edited:
Re: IK Sirius (A)

So looking at that squad:

Needs-
A right back (Vitor?)
A left back (SA lad on the way I assume)
A winger (Routledge?)
A striker (Maynard?)

I'd argue Yann, Berner, Smith and Howard are the four to supplant.

Last edited:

So looking at that squad:

Needs-
A right back (Vitor?)
A left back (SA lad on the way I assume)
A winger (Routledge?)
A striker (Maynard?)

I'd argue Yann, Berner, Smith and Howard are the four to supplant.
Ball surely?

I do wonder how significant it is that Yann has been included. TBH I thought Sven would class him as deadwood alongisde Crnic, Moreno, Neilson, N'Guessan etc. Even so, I still doubt he will ever play for us again

23 out of 24 - not bad going!

I think, though I'm speculating, that he suffered a major injury just as a contract was running out. This would have left him in limbo, out of contract and unable to pass a medical.

Again, I'm having a guess.

Edit: Looked a bit. Tore his patella in January 2009, his contract expired in July 2009. Patella injuries can be really, really bad as I understand.

Last edited:

I read on the ever reliable wikipedia, he had trials with Blackpool and Wigan who both turned down the chance to offer him a contract. And when you consider who Blackpool gave contracts to last season, thats hardly a ringing endorsement!!!

I read on the ever reliable wikipedia, he had trials with Blackpool and Wigan who both turned down the chance to offer him a contract. And when you consider who Blackpool gave contracts to last season, thats hardly a ringing endorsement!!!

Yep, 2010 is definitely a black hole in is career. Still, has pedigree and if Sven thinks he is focused and fit, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566