Speculation SSL To Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we did sell him and then bring nobody else in then I would seriously have to question things.

However it's a rumour, so I wont bother doing any questioning, I'll do other things that are not related to this at all.

If there's a lower-priced equivalent available then I'd let him leave.

I wouldn't read too much in to NP's comments about transfers in or out. He's never been one for giving much away.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of loanees come in over the next few weeks.

Surely not, we don't have a defensive leg to stand on. Unless we've got something concrete coming in, St.Ledger is going nowhere.

Surely not, we don't have a defensive leg to stand on. Unless we've got something concrete coming in, St.Ledger is going nowhere.

I've heard of wooden defenders but never concrete ones!

That was obviously who Brian Clough was referring to when he said "You couldn't trap a bag of cement!"

Last edited:
He's not shit, he's just your average and inconsistent Championship defender. What's worrying though is losing him when we seem to have so few CB options atm. Moore seems a bit too young and inexperienced to be thrown into the deep end like he would do if SSL goes, especially when you consider Whitbread's dreadful injury record.

Last edited:
He's not shit, he's just your average and inconsistent Championship defender. What's worrying though is losing him when we seem to have so few CB options atm. Moore seems a bit too young and inexperienced to be thrown into the deep end like he would do if SSL goes, especially when you consider Whitbread's dreadful injury record.

Unless he's replaced, say with Shotton.

Talk of St Ledger, Beckford and Gallagher leaving does not really bother me in then slightest. I suspect they are all on high wages and I don't think we have ever got anything of note out of them on a consistent basis. Obviously replacements would be required in defence and perhaps another striker. I hope Mr Pearson has something special up his sleeve.

If he's going to make space for someone better, then I have no problems with this.

Big if though Graz as we've been thinking that about our players for the past few years and it's not really got us very far.

Personally I'm a fan of SSL, he's solid no nonesense-ish defender and they always seem to prosper in the championship. Not like we are blessed with CBs either even if we did replace him and it seems as if all this talk is a result of mass over-reaction to three disappointing results.

If we wanted rid of all these players then we should have actively sold them before the start of the season.

Would think maybe it's because he wants out though

I think SSL is a decent player but said all along I don't think him and Morgan are a good enough pair for promotion.

Wouldnt be happy for him to go but if we get someone who improves the squad then I don't mind him going. He showed last season he didn't want to be a bit part player. But yes, depends on us getting someone better. If not, he shouldn't be sold because our weak/light defence would look even more so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669