Stadium calculations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

If the club was to buy the stadium back from the bank, using a loan to be paid back over 25 years, the payments on the loan would be around two million pounds a year.

So obviously if the egg chasers had a half share, this would save the club a million pounds a year.

On top of this would be the extra cost savings from sharing the other stadium costs.

So is it worth sharing for £1 million+ per year?

Or would no amount of money make it acceptable?

Personally I'm undecided on this. I think there has been a lot of over reaction from Tigers and City fans, I'm sitting on the fence for the time being, until I've had a chance to think about the consequences.

SilverFox

webmaster said:
If the club was to buy the stadium back from the bank, using a loan to be paid back over 25 years, the payments on the loan would be around two million pounds a year.

So obviously if the egg chasers had a half share, this would save the club a million pounds a year.

On top of this would be the extra cost savings from sharing the other stadium costs.

Personally I'm undecided on this. I think there has been a lot of over reaction from Tigers and City fans, I'm sitting on the fence for the time being, until I've had a chance to think about the consequences.

I'll make it easier, would you like to have someone move into your house, with all of their stuff, do a bit of redecorating in colours best left on the TV show changing rooms...take half ownership of your house, put up all their pictures on your mantle, and ruin your carpet because they weigh 23 stone!?!

But its o.k. because they pay half the phone bill! :roll:

LCFC, Walkers Stadium, Filbert Way...not soleless superstadium!

webmaster

SilverFox said:
webmaster said:

I'll make it easier, would you like to have someone move into your house, with all of their stuff, do a bit of redecorating in colours best left on the TV show changing rooms...take half ownership of your house, put up all their pictures on your mantle, and ruin your carpet because they weigh 23 stone!?!

No, they don't just pay half the phone bill, they pay half the rent/mortgage, phone bill, electricity bill, council tax, maintenance costs etc...

Lots of people share a house if they can't afford to pay a mortgage/rent by themselves. I don't think the people who do that have lost their identity, in fact in a lot of cases it means they can afford to do things they wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

homer

Would the cost of this deal be thirty pieces of silver, by any chance ?

SilverFox

webmaster said:
SilverFox said:
webmaster said:

No, they don't just pay half the phone bill, they pay half the rent/mortgage, phone bill, electricity bill, council tax, maintenance costs etc...

Lots of people share a house if they can't afford to pay a mortgage/rent by themselves. I don't think the people who do that have lost their identity, in fact in a lot of cases it means they can afford to do things they wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

Yeah, but when you move into someones house, its usually because the people who live there invite you to, they let you put your pictures up, and walk all over there beautiful carpet...

I don't remember anyone asking us...the fans who go there every week if they could move in...my answer is no! go live somewhere else

Joe_Fox

alex said:
I really do not see the big problem here at all....

There are a squad full of big problems. I can hear the pitch cryingfrom hear! Look out for Cauliflower ear soup at a kiosk near you.

highland fox

It's a problem for Webbie,they've already had his seat...left him sitting on a fence,it's got to stop.

homer

Don't worry about it

You can always come and live in the cess pit with me and Highland Fox

highland fox

Yeah,come and join us in the bowels of the earth.I'm getting over my homophobia as well,been out twice this week.

kam

They are going to form a separate company to buy and maintain the stadium.

The LCFC and rugger buggers will pay rent to the new company

It's a separation of assets from liabilities. The new company will be asset rich and possibly cash rich (who are going to be the shareholders?)

LCFC and rugger buggers will have to pay rent, players wages, buy/sell players. Therefore at a guess will be cash poor.

The money is going to go to the shareholders of the new company!!!

Webbo - are you taking into account the fact that the extra revenue created by the Tigers (Sponsorship, gate receipts, merchandising and entertainment / corporate events) will not require offsetting against the fixed overheads as these have to be met by LCFC anyway.

for me, we lost everything when we moved from filbert street, the atmosphere is shocking in the new stadium, the new stadium is characterless, filbert street was a dump, but it was our dump, and anyone who played there should feel it's a privalige to have played there. the new stadium is the same as Derby's , Southamptons, middelsbrough, any new stadium built, the difference is the capacity and the colour of the seats, filbert street was different, it had character. we sold out when we moved, not sharing the new one!

webmaster

1966 said:
Webbo - are you taking into account the fact that the extra revenue created by the Tigers (Sponsorship, gate receipts, merchandising and entertainment / corporate events) will not require offsetting against the fixed overheads as these have to be met by LCFC anyway.

The £1 million a year saving was just based on the cost of buying the stadium - which is why I said "On top of this would be the extra cost savings from sharing the other stadium costs."

bonehead

Webbo understates the case for the groundshare. The big carrot for Foxes and Tigers is the redevelopment of the Alliance & Leicester stand. Provisions were made in the original plans for an extra deck to be slung on to it to take the stadium capacity to 40,000. The estimated cost of doing this was £10m (the LCFC burden will thus fall to around £5m).

In addition a whole range of new facilities would be housed here. This would undoubtedly make the Walkers the most prestigious sports venue in the Midlands. LCFC would then have a 50% share in a much bigger asset rather than the 0% in the average asset they have at the moment.

Fixture clashes would become a thing of the past. The Walkers venue would gain an international profile. Revenue generating opportunities for player purchases would be considerably increased. Players will want to come here. A modern, new build stadium of 40,000 takes us into the top ten football venues in England.

But this is all too much for the average Leicester fan. It requires imagination...

Bobby Smith

bonehead said:
Webbo understates the case for the groundshare. The big carrot for Foxes and Tigers is the redevelopment of the Alliance & Leicester stand. Provisions were made in the original plans for an extra deck to be slung on to it to take the stadium capacity to 40,000. The estimated cost of doing this was £10m (the LCFC burden will thus fall to around £5m).

In addition a whole range of new facilities would be housed here. This would undoubtedly make the Walkers the most prestigious sports venue in the Midlands. LCFC would then have a 50% share in a much bigger asset rather than the 0% in the average asset they have at the moment.

Fixture clashes would become a thing of the past. The Walkers venue would gain an international profile. Revenue generating opportunities for player purchases would be considerably increased. Players will want to come here. A modern, new build stadium of 40,000 takes us into the top ten football venues in England.

But this is all too much for the average Leicester fan. It requires imagination...

LCFC will still have no share in the stadium, they will pay rent to a new company as will Tigers. We need to know if this will be a none profit making company or are there takers. And at what point will Tigers and City stop paying rent?

EMC Fox

bonehead said:

Well put (Bing!) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670