Statement from Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soccerbase doesn't have appearance stats going back that far. Wikipedia is wrong. I'll look it up in OF&F.

5 (plus 1 substitute.)

Agghhh, too late!!

Last edited:
David Pleat signed Davies in the summer of 1990, for£165,000. He started five league games and came on as sub in one. He was sold in October 1990.

Nice one Jeff!! :023:

Still don't want him as manager for some reason even though I think he would be capable of taking us up!!

Last edited:
Lycka Svennis kommer kvinnorna i vår stad saknar dig !!...

As far as I know he is the only City manager to have kissed the CEO as he left the stadium after being sacked.

Seem to be quite a few getting carried away with the fact Svens a lovely bloke, what a gent etc. Unfortunately he didn't cut the mustard.

Seem to be quite a few getting carried away with the fact Svens a lovely bloke, what a gent etc. Unfortunately he didn't cut the mustard.

Yes in this dog eat dog, now, selfish, mine not yours, give it me now, way you are absolutely on the money, but hey how ignorant and thoughtless of him to do a press release that even when he has failed he has the grace and class to say thank you - even to those who sacked him.

I think you miseth the point.

Yes in this dog eat dog, now, selfish, mine not yours, give it me now, way you are absolutely on the money, but hey how ignorant and thoughtless of him to do a press release that even when he has failed he has the grace and class to say thank you - even to those who sacked him.

I think you miseth the point.

It's more to do with very highly paid people needing to justify their take than being societies fault, for me. I wasn't criticising the statement, he didn't need to do it and it's appreciated. I was more meaning that people seem very upset for him, the type of compassion you don't see for other managers. perhaps this was the wrong thread.

It's more to do with very highly paid people needing to justify their take than being societies fault, for me. I wasn't criticising the statement, he didn't need to do it and it's appreciated. I was more meaning that people seem very upset for him, the type of compassion you don't see for other managers. perhaps this was the wrong thread.
Yes, sorry, when I read back my post it was more aggressive than I meant. I think perhaps we were all stunned to land someone of Sven's stature and the idea of 'ickle old lestah' sacking him is somewhat uncomfortable?

CamberwellFox, you hard bastard. Don't apologise to these namby pamby tossers. This forum needs a few hardnuts like us.

Aww Svenny baby, if only you could have got a result against Millwall and moved us up towards the top of the league. Ah well, lets just hope the new manager can do what Sven couldn't i.e. get some consistency going and win win win win!

David Pleat signed Davies in the summer of 1990, for£165,000. He started five league games and came on as sub in one. He was sold in October 1990.

The reason Billy could not settle down south at the time was that his wife could not settle in the area and that came from the horses mouth when he was manager of A BIG CLUB --Preston. He was on a Championship Forum for 5Live at Bramall Lane.
Ross will love me for pointing out that 5Live's Clem took him out of the audience and put him at the front with the managers on the Forum Messrs Warnock, Davies and Blackwell. The Derby manager Phil Brown should have been there but instead was being sacked. The reason Clem gave was that Ross had spoken the most sense.:icon_eek: The Forum were discussing who should be the new England manager after Sven who was leaving that coming Summer. Ross suggested Martin O'Neill:icon_bigg. It was live on 5Live so Ross even had his radio habit 5 years ago.

He came across as a nice genuine guy really and spoke to me rather than just trying to get rid of me. It was him who mentioned his short spell at City and said he loved the place in the short time he was there, and the fans, but his wife could not settle so he had to move.

As for Sven as I have already mentioned I feel that it was a kneejerk reaction from the Club and I felt he should have been given more time. He was a true gentleman but as Spion mentioned perhaps we need more of a bastard manager this time to give our current lot a kick up the arse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670