P W D L F A GD Pts
4 2 0 2 5 4 1 6

Position based on home form 17th

Away
P W D L F A GD Pts
4 1 3 0 5 3 2 6

Position based on away form 8th

So, what is it with playing at the Walkers

It must be OUR fault! and I've been blaming the players.

The above has been taken from Stat-mail as at 18/12/04.

filbo was the 12th man for us on many occasions...

Agree with you there MK, Filbo was a great leveller for us especially under MON, teams came to the place and not only knew they would get a tough time on the pitch but also because the stadium was so tight to the pitch it made an intimadating atmosphere. I also think it made us look like a small town club because the ground was so shite.

Like many teams who have moved to new stadia we now appear to have lost a large amount of the benefit gained at home matches, the playing surface is always of a decent standard, the setting and facilities are fantastic and therefore it has a knock on effect. In the prem in previous years we used to turn over some of the bigger clubs and Filbo was a big part of it, last season we lost that advantage, teams like the Walkers. In the championship it is probably in the top 3 stadiums and therefore acts as a big lift to visiting teams who tend to lift their game ie Brighton, Watford and Burnley.

But now CL has to change that mentality and get the team winning at home on a consistent basis and turn the Walkers into a fortress, it is painfully obvious that the team appears to enjoy playing away from home more than they do at the Walkers.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Agree with you there MK, Filbo was a great leveller for us especially under MON, teams came to the place and not only knew they would get a tough time on the pitch but also because the stadium was so tight to the pitch it made an intimadating atmosphere. I also think it made us look like a small town club because the ground was so shite.

Like many teams who have moved to new stadia we now appear to have lost a large amount of the benefit gained at home matches, the playing surface is always of a decent standard, the setting and facilities are fantastic and therefore it has a knock on effect. In the prem in previous years we used to turn over some of the bigger clubs and Filbo was a big part of it, last season we lost that advantage, teams like the Walkers. In the championship it is probably in the top 3 stadiums and therefore acts as a big lift to visiting teams who tend to lift their game ie Brighton, Watford and Burnley.

But now CL has to change that mentality and get the team winning at home on a consistent basis and turn the Walkers into a fortress, it is painfully obvious that the team appears to enjoy playing away from home more than they do at the Walkers.

I agree with you, but we have got to move on from this now. They were great times but our obsession with how things were is hurting how things are. We need to make some noise at our home ground, but to some extent this is reciprocal(sp?) the team need to give us something to shout about, and we need to get them going to do this. So be loud and be proud!

So be loud and be proud!

Couldn't agree more

yeh i think the same things happened to us as happened to southampton when they moved from the dell, going from a claustrophobic ground which really seems to close in on the pitch to a nice modern stadium which is pretty much the same as any other big stadium. i would imagine most big visiting teams didnt overly enjoy playing at filbert street cos it was such a contrast to their usual surroundings. but then again southampton went on to have a couple of their best seasons for years after their move so it aint all that much of an excuse

best atmosphere i ever remember at the walkers were the forest game when we won 1-0 and blackburn last season when we were coming off the back of that wolves game

Foxes_Trust said:
We felt the noise level had improved until against Reading.

As a crowd we were off form that day

The club could possibly help this one out a bit. They are quite keen on using their mouth piece (the Leicester Mercury) to smooth over cracks, why not use it to get a 'sing your heart out' campaign, encourage and raise awarness about the atmosphere at the Walkers. Its just an idea, perhaps you could raise it at your next meeting.

yeh thats a gud idea silverfox - there is little active encouragement of people to sing except from other fans occasionally - football games r so much enjoyable when u sing, its a pity a lot of ppl just go and sit there

Filbert Street was amazing. But it has gone, it no longer exists. I feel the club made a mistake with the design of the stadium, it should of been alot more unique. Not identical to Derbys, Boro's, Saints.

Knock it down,build another one.In the mean time we'll play at The Tigers ground..see how they like it.

highland fox said:
Knock it down,build another one.In the mean time we'll play at The Tigers ground..see how they like it.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, egg chasing mofo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570