Steak flavour McCoys shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everybody rushes out and buys McCoys Steak Flavour today, the government will in one day secure millions of pounds boost in VAT.

I wonder if they've thought of that?

Last edited:
If everybody rushes out and buys McCoys Steak Flavour today, the government will in one day secure millions of pounds boost in VAT.

I wonder if they've thought of that?

I think that would be a better tax windfall for the government than the possible petrol one.

People aren't going to buy more petrol as a result of a shortage, they're just going to buy it now instead of when they need it. And if there is a shortage they may drive less, reducing the overall tax revenue

But with McCoys all the fat bastards will stock up, and then comfort eat because of their useless football team, meaning they will have to go out and cause a shortage of cheese and onion McCoys too.

People aren't going to buy more petrol as a result of a shortage, they're just going to buy it now instead of when they need it. And if there is a shortage they may drive less, reducing the overall tax revenue.
If the government/fuel companies need a cash boost, and quickly, but are struggling for cash flow. What better way to get all your customers to come in and spend in one go, and quickly.

There may be a shit load of bargain price fuel available to buy tomorrow. Their customers have just cash flowed the purchase.

Do you think this just a potato snack based crisis or is there a wider implication on cereal and maize based products? :icon_conf

hope not chuck, wouldn't like to be without my nice and spicy nik naks....

Possibly, although if you dig deep enough I am pretty sure you will find the hand of the Gaulois smoking, garlic chomping French farmers at the root of this. Bound to be them Basturds.:icon_wink

Possibly, although if you dig deep enough I am pretty sure you will find the hand of the Gaulois smoking, garlic chomping French farmers at the root of this. Bound to be them Basturds.:icon_wink

I hear they are all pretty pissed off at the increase in food prices, it means that they'll have to start growing stuff rather than taking EU payments not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46