Votes: 23 25.8%
  • ?3 million

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • not at any price

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need funds to strengthen the squad. Much as I would hate Stearman to go, if we can get £2m+ I would reluctantly take it. I would be pissed off, however, if it doesn't all go towards new players.

couldnt agree more :)

If he goes then I would imagine half would be freed to fund new pkayers and I would think the Welsh deal would be made permenant.Still think they might give us cash plus a player..maybe Whittingham:102:

Deal at 2 million or more, assuming the money would be spent to strengthen other parts of the side. Would be shame to seem him go, but have Kenton and Maybury to replace him.

Five people have now voted for "Not at any price"

So if some loony came in with a bid of £25million we would preumably be turning them down :icon_roll

Five people have now voted for "Not at any price"

So if some loony came in with a bid of £25million we would preumably be turning them down :icon_roll

i dont know some people eh :icon_roll :)

Every player in our team has a price,we would sell anyone if the price is right.I don't have a problem with that.

Look, he is 18 now and has a long way to go before he reaches his full potential. Just imagine how good he could be when he hits age 26/27. I honestly think he can and will go all the way...

Selling him now for a mere 1-2 million would be F*cking stupid!

Look, he is 18 now and has a long way to go before he reaches his full potential. Just imagine how good he could be when he hits age 26/27. I honestly think he can and will go all the way...

He's 19 now - and arguably is going backwards; who knows how he is going to develop - it could go either way.

A fee of £2.5M could be of more use to us now than his brittle talent.

i dont think anyone is doubting he has potential but not every player who has potential reaches it..not many players leave us to go onto bigger and better things and no-one can say for absolute certaintity that stearman will...no-one knows whats around the corner and he might suffer a career ending tackle tomorrow...how much would you sell him for?? IF we were to sell him for say £2.5mil then only time will tell if it was the right move but im not sure if we can afford to turn down that sort of money for him...and who is to say that the player himself wouldnt want to go you cant keep a player who is unhappy and wants to move surely the best thing to do is get as much money as possible for him...:102:

And let's not forget that Stearman may be thinking the same himself. As a 19 year old player that has attracted the attention of Martin O'Neill he may think that he has a better chance of developing his career under his guidance. If Steaman's head has been turned would he be of value to us in the second half of the season?

Let's face it though, if he goes it will be for a cash value with incentives on top. That's why I'd be happy with a million or so up front, with a view to more down the line.

(I've taken the poll to mean upfront cash value, so gone for £1.5m)

Up to £1mill. Other than unrealised potential, I see no justification for these mental estimations.

We should have another thread....how much would we sell Chris O'Grady for? That would really split the forum...
:icon_lol: BG wouldn't sell him for all the tea in China

Let's face it though, if he goes it will be for a cash value with incentives on top. That's why I'd be happy with a million or so up front, with a view to more down the line.

(I've taken the poll to mean upfront cash value, so gone for £1.5m)

Would still need to be higher to deal

if someone offered us 2 million plus we have to take it BUT we also have to ensure some kind of appearance/sell on clause is included in the deal as the fact is the best is probably yet to come from him and we want to ensure we get some benefit from that financially.

Up to £1mill. Other than unrealised potential, I see no justification for these mental estimations.

This thread is a classic - how many of you would now take £15.00, twenty Bensons and a bag of chips?
Not me Bob, I knew back then :icon_wink

Other than me, who was the only other person to vote for the lowest figure?

That would be myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570