Stearman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Just heard he will sign an new 3 year deal with the club today - guess that's been on the cards, he wont have been on much and a new deal should help retain him. Wonder if other clubs have been sniffing around?...

Last edited:
Interesting that the deal is only a 2-year extention on his current one, I guess they said it's a 3 1/2 year one because his wages have been upped..?

Leigh said:
Interesting that the deal is only a 2-year extention on his current one, I guess they said it's a 3 1/2 year one because his wages have been upped..?
He will be on more money, for sure, otherwise there would be no reason for him to sign a new deal. Personally, I think it is great news, as it shows his commitment to the club when his performances have no doubt been attracting interest elsewhere.:038:

Real Sharapova said:
He will be on more money, for sure, otherwise there would be no reason for him to sign a new deal. Personally, I think it is great news, as it shows his commitment to the club when his performances have no doubt been attracting interest elsewhere.:038:

And it also shows that the club are committed to keeping hold of their promising youngsters. Anyone know what contract Wesoloski has as im sure he's another one, when fit, will be a major addition to the squad this season.

:038: Well done Dickie

Thats good to hear. He's definitely got a big future with us. He's tall, reasonably quick, good in the tackle and likes getting forward. He could be a real asset for us in the next few years. Well done CL for wrapping this up now.

Great move by the club, it's good to know the younger players have some commitment to the club long term, also it shows other youngsters that good performances will be rewarded and confirms Levein's commitment to youth.

Well done Dicky, fully deserved.

Yeah great thanks Luke, very good journey back no doubt helped by the win.

Did you get over your hangover ?

Avril Levein said:
anyone know what sort of wage that puts him on now? Purely out of interest.

I would not know, but if I were at the Club then I would have a low basic and a scheme which paid him for First team appearances. ;)

Avril Levein said:
anyone know what sort of wage that puts him on now? Purely out of interest.
I heard it was £80 grand a week

I did like Micky Adams and don't want to sound like I'm slagging him off because I don't feel that it gives due respect to his contribution to us in a difficult time, but if he were still manager I am certain that Richard Stearman would have moved on!

Good stuff from the club and the management in place with regards to our youth system. It is quite exciting to be able to say that we have potential future stars in Stearman, Sheehan, Welesolowski, and Chambers (to name a few)

Well done LCFC, it all makes excellent financial sense, and hopefully removes any need for a patch up job in the future, because we know that if we lose any key personnel, we can bring in some home grown talent.

I'm happy anyway. :038:

We need to keep chambers for a few yrs too. Hopefully, he won't fade out of the England ranks after under 21 level. we should keep him and then sell him for a tidy sum. He'll then come back to us in 20 years time like Teddy Sheringham did.

He is one for the future, and when he gets into the first team I don't want to even entertain the thought of waiting all that time just to sell him to another club who will get to enjoy his talents. I'd much rather he and the next generation led us back to the premiership!

SilverFox said:
He is one for the future, and when he gets into the first team I don't want to even entertain the thought of waiting all that time just to sell him to another club who will get to enjoy his talents. I'd much rather he and the next generation led us back to the premiership!

Desert Fox (or someone else) said that Chambo's mother wants Chambo to stay at home for a while yet. ;)

Steven said:
Desert Fox (or someone else) said that Chambo's mother wants Chambo to stay at home for a while yet. ;)

That could well be the case, but I didn't say that. You must have heard it elsewhere Stevo.

My only news from the Chambers camp was that he is currently incredibly popular with the girls at his school. Now that's a surprise....:icon_cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669