Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Brum aren't gonna let their bright light of last season leave are they? Maybe Campbell, but not Clemence. Looks like Hendry will plump for Boro too. Where does that leave us with viable options / bare-faced rumours to talk about?

I think this thread should stay as it is. Hazz's post was in the bullplop thread, and I dont think this is bullplop.

Last edited:
Surely Brum aren't gonna let their bright light of last season leave are they? Maybe Campbell, but not Clemence. Looks like Hendry will plump for Boro too. Where does that leave us with viable options / bare-faced rumours to talk about?

Last time in the prem Clemence did not feature too much and if reports are right about Bruce needing to sell before he can buy then he is the ideal asset to sell on.

Still overprice at £1.75 mill, and I just cannot see MM splashing that much on just the transfer fees. I reckon they would both prove to be valuable members of the squad should they join, just not so sure they are worth that much.

Would love it if we made a move for Richard Hughes instead of Clemence, I would think he would cost a similar amount as well, but TBH, haven't got a clue about who the final striker should be, keep saying no to all the rumours but I suppose there aren't that many left, at the min, I would like us to go for a young striker loaned of one of the 'big four' if possible, names I would go for are Sinclair, Sahar or Dong.

was reported in my paper that clemence is coming to leicester as birmingham have already lined up a replacement (can't remember their name)-no mention of campbell though

Last edited:
Last time in the prem Clemence did not feature too much and if reports are right about Bruce needing to sell before he can buy then he is the ideal asset to sell on.

They have just bought the donkey Oliver Kapo from Juve as well.

Merc says Clemence deal should be completed in the next 48 hours. Won't be a double deal, but Campbell might come later. Fee for Clemence is around £750,000 they say.

Lovely jubbly!

Here's the full story:

City set sights on Blues star

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City are set to take their summer signings up to a full team with Birmingham skipper Stephen Clemence next on their list.

The 29-year-old former Tottenham midfielder is on course to be Martin Allen's 11th acquisition within the next 48 hours.

A fee of around £750,000 has apparently been agreed and the formalities are expected to be completed in due course.

City had initially looked at the prospect of making Clemence
and Blues striker DJ Campbell a double signing, but while that is not the case right now, Campbell may yet follow Clemence
to the Walkers Stadium.

The probable arrival of Clemence would suggest he might fulfil the same captaincy role at City as he did at Birmingham, especially after the departure of Paddy McCarthy to Charlton, even though Patrick Kisnorbo filled in last season.

It would also increase the competition in midfield, long thought to be a problem area for City. England Under-21 cap Clemence would join Radostin Kishishev and James Wesolowski, recently awarded a new contract, in the battle for the two central positions.

City striker Matty Fryatt is attracting attention with Wolves having a bid turned down as too low, and the obvious implication of the interest in Campbell is to fill the gap if Fryatt does move on for the right price.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...678931&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Last edited by a moderator:
How accurate has that old boiler Anderson been with his column lately? I don't get to read it (sob, splutter) these days as I'm down here dodging bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669